cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant access my @ntlworld.com email account.

catnamedog
On our wavelength

I can't access my @ntlworld.com email account at all. This has happened many times, but when I contact "tech support" I get nowhere because I cannot understand the woman on the other end due to a lousy line and language difficulties.

When I do get through, I can only see my email if I use my alternative, gmail.com account. This happens so often, I am despairing of ever being able to use my ntlworld.com account.

Does anyone know why this recurring problem has arisen?

5 REPLIES 5

catnamedog
On our wavelength

If I understand the woman in support correctly, all ntlworld.com email addresses have been scrapped!!!

When did this happen? Why wasn't I told? 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You haven't been told because it simply isn't true.

Provided that the Ntlworld email address is attached to a current VM broadband account it should continue to operate.

If you have been requested by VM to change the username for the email address to a third party email then you will need to use the new username when logging in to the Ntlworld email address via VM webmail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi carnamedog,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for any issues you've had with your email address. 

Do you have an active Virgin Media broadband account?

^Martin

I'm afraid it IS true! I've now decided to make my @gmail.com account my main email address. Is there away to automatically divert emails to my gmail address do you know?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you still have access to the ntl account you can set up an auto forward for incoming emails. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.