cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't get emails on iPad/iPhone

70stack
Joining in

Morning. 

I have gone through the process of generating an app password but keep coming up against a problem. I understand that I have to send the password to another email. I get the email----

E6034901-6C06-4C26-8C96-B43CCB90DD3B.png

and click on the link----

E6034901-6C06-4C26-8C96-B43CCB90DD3B.png

What email and password do I put in here?

Thanks

Eamon

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@70stack  If you are happy to change the username for the account to the gmail address shown in the email then you just need to click on the link "Verify email address" within the email.  Once verified the gmail address becomes the login username for the VM email account concerned.

If you want to access this email account via an email client then the username remains the actual VM email address together with the generated app password.

You only use the third party username to access the email account via webmail and to access the My Virgin Media account associated with the email address.  For these you need to use the normal password not the generated one.

The Community Moderators will remove the screen shots that you have posted as they contain private information.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thanks Graham. When I 'verify email address' it comes up with the sign in page asking for an email and password. 
It won't accept either the new or old email and not sure which password? 

would it be easier to just change the log in email in 'my virgin media'?