cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media emails still not working

Juliap1
Tuning in

I have 3 virginmedia emails linked to my ntlworld email that have not worked since 29 June when I also had the email from Virgin about being down for a day. Despite several calls and complaints and requests for help all I am being told is that I should now be able to send and receive emails and they are still trying to recover historic ones. Please help me as I can not use my emails as you keep insisting that I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Juliap1  The first thing to do is sign out of your primary account and then go to this page https://mail.virginmedia.com/ and enter your secondary email address and password.  Does this give you access to the emails or do you get an error message?

If the latter then follow the instructions to change your password and then generate an app password.  Once you have the app password enter that in the password field for the secondary account in your primary webmail page.

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> emailVM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Ali20222222222
Joining in

Same thing. My virgin.net mail not working since 7jul. If I go through the reset process it won’t accept a new password and gets stuck there. 

JamesMacpherson
Tuning in

And still "currently unavailable" since 17th June.  Second web complaint yesterday, but has an immediate status of "closed" . . .  I guess it's post next, as VM is deaf to everything else.  Even an acknowledgement that they've screwed up so badly that it's unrecoverable would give a basis for how on earth to start going forward with goodness knows how many merchants and service providers that I haven't yet managed to contact or need the email for password resets.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Juliap1 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your email.

Our team are aiming to have the issues resolved as soon we possibly can, our support teams are working flat out to have the issue sorted. My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Are individual affected customers going to be notified when they are finally working again?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Juliap1, 

Thank you for your reply. 

We have received notification that the issues should now be resolved. 

Can you please expand on what you see when you sign in to your accounts and we will do all we can to help?

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Natalie, When I sign into My Virgin media account via google / safari I can access my ntl world emails, but the three virginmedia email accounts that are linked to this appear with a warning triangle ! and " The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them "

This has appeared since your server issue.

I really need someone's help with this as so far I have had none and do not know where to turn. Surely there is standard support for this nationwide issue but I have had nothing. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Juliap1  The first thing to do is sign out of your primary account and then go to this page https://mail.virginmedia.com/ and enter your secondary email address and password.  Does this give you access to the emails or do you get an error message?

If the latter then follow the instructions to change your password and then generate an app password.  Once you have the app password enter that in the password field for the secondary account in your primary webmail page.

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> emailVM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

landryangelica
On our wavelength

You have my sympathy. I'm in the same situation and absolutely tearing my hair out. Did you get a resolution in the end? If I can't get access to all my emails, it will be nothing short of disastrous.

Hi Graham,

Sorry to bother you but I'm another person having serious problems accessing my emails through the Virgin Media website since it merged with 02.

Mine is blueyonder address which stopped working back in November. I did everything you said above, changed the domain name to gmail etc. That worked for a while but then suddenly I was unable to access my emails through the VM website on my laptop. I got nowhere sorting that out so had to make do with accessing email only on my mobile phone and on my desktop computer. But, as of today, neither of those work either. I have managed to contact a Virgin rep who is hopefully going to help but in the meantime I have discovered that this a major issue affecting many people. There are articles in the newspaper about it.

I'm just wondering if you have any ideas about this because I'm finding it pretty hard to be hopeful. Needless to say it will be a total disaster if I can't get access to my emails on any device; these days emails are absolutely vital to the smooth-running of life. The stress of this is beyond belief and has been dragging on for months now. Sorry to bend your ear but you seem to know a lot about this. Thanks for reading (if you do)