cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.Net Email requiring IMAP details

IanT2
Joining in

Hi,

My elderly mother has been using her Virgin.Net email account for years and only just now is unable to access it. It now says within outlook that it requires IMAP password and will not allow webmail access either, password details saying incorrect.

My father passed away not long ago and everything she needs goes through this email account, she has had no warning of it being turned off or deleted and a 77yr old widow is now incredibly distressed at an already difficult time in her life. 

If we can get access back, I can sort at least swapping it over to something else but no access now is not on. 

I appreciate the 90 days thing, but she is old and would have remembered, especially without recent warning.

I look forward to hearing back from someone.

3 REPLIES 3

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @IanT2,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear about the issues that your Mother is facing with her emails, can you confirm is there still an account active with services associated with her email address?

Joe

Hi Joe, 

She does not have any Broadband, TV or Phone with Virgin anymore and has not had for years. She has had no warning that her email is going to be closed down. 

I appreciate that you have a 90 day clause for emails after service cancellation, but for an elderly lady with memory issues and widowed not long ago, she cannot be expected to remember of even find any clauses for termination of the email from years ago, even if it has 'slipped through the net's as I have seen mentioned in another thread.

Even if we can have it reinstated or help getting it live again so I can swap it to another email server/provider would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Ian

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @IanT2 👋,

Thank you so much for your reply, with the time that has passed we cannot guarantee anything, we can see if the account is active and possibly just locked but as advised there is no guarantee. If the account has been removed we are unable to reactivate this. I will pop over a PM so keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩👀
Thanks,
Zoie