cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Mail passwords

anglosaxon19651
Joining in

Morning all. After a bit of help please.

My VM & email login email is a .gmail.com account. I also have a secondary .blueyonder.co.uk account.

I cannot access the BY account as have forgotten my password.

How can I reset it please ?? If I try to follow the help in VM it only seems to offer a reset for my gmail account.

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Each email address now has its own My VM account
Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password, however, as you have forgotten the password you will need to follow the forgotten password route.
https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

anglosaxon19651
Joining in

20240316_185345.jpg

The attached picture is for the account I am trying to get into. As you can see, it asks for the 'other' email address that I log onto VM with ??

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you had a break in your VM broadband contract since the blueyonder email address was created?  I think that you will need help from the VM Forum Team staff with this one.

They should respond here tomorrow and are likely to send you a private message to clear security and gain account details from you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

anglosaxon19651
Joining in

Hi Graham. Not had a broadband break so will wait for Forum team !! Thanks anyway.....

Hi anglosaxon19651

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're struggling to sign into your account.

It sounds like you may have generated an app password for your account previously - what this means is that you will need to link a non-virgin email address to that account, and from then on you would sign into your account via our webmail using the non-virgin email address.

Does this sound familiar at all? We're here to help 😊

Beth

Hi Beth. I now have a non VM email address as my login to VM details.

I need to be able to view some folders that are held within my 'blueyonder.co.uk' email address. I do not have the password for this address when I try to log in. When I attempt to reset it, it will only allow the non VM email as per screenshot above.

Thank you @anglosaxon19651 

I'm going to pop you a private message so we can take a closer look and hopefully get this resolved for you. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.