cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to generate app specific password for blueyonder email address

Bob19571
Tuning in

I have tried many times over several weeks to generate an app specific password for my blueyonder address with no  success. I have carefully followed the procedure by VM, logging in to VM with a different email address, but I either receive no reply or a reply much later that doesn't do anything at all when I follow the instructions in it. I am not the most tech savvy person, nor am I a complete idiot. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If this is the very first time you've tried to set up the accounts with non-VM e-mails, not sure what the issue is.

I had exactly your problem trying to change settings on my main VM account but it was because I'd already used my main Gmail account to fix the password on my secondary VM e-mail. When trying to use it again I had no replies and no error messages but trying an alternative Gmail account fixed everything. Lesson is you need a separate, unique non-VM e-mail account for each VM e-mail account.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

JCmacc
Up to speed

Is the alternative e-mail address you tried to use a VM one? The new authenticity checks mean you have to use a non-VM e-mail like Gmail or Hotmail etc.

Bob19571
Tuning in

I used a Gmail and an icloud address, with both I either received no reply or ended up going round in circles.

Thanks for responding.

If this is the very first time you've tried to set up the accounts with non-VM e-mails, not sure what the issue is.

I had exactly your problem trying to change settings on my main VM account but it was because I'd already used my main Gmail account to fix the password on my secondary VM e-mail. When trying to use it again I had no replies and no error messages but trying an alternative Gmail account fixed everything. Lesson is you need a separate, unique non-VM e-mail account for each VM e-mail account.

Thanks for that.

I'll try setting up other non VM accounts and see what happens when I try with them.

Hey Bob19571,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email accounts.

Have you been able to resolve the issues that you've been experiencing with the help from JCmacc or do you need further assistance? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I'm afraid not Steven, further assistance would be appreciated.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Bob19571,

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry to hear this.

We certainly want to help as best as we can, for this I am going to send you a direct message to confirm some information.

Joe

Bob19571
Tuning in

Success!! After helpful suggestions from JCmacc, Steven_L ,and patient help from Joseph_B who managed to reset my password I now have an app specific password that works. The first attempt took me back to the endless loop trying to verify the reset email, but when I used a different browser everything worked. Unfortunately the password doesn't work with mail for Windows 11, but I suspect that's because it's an awful app!

Thanks again to those who tried to help.