cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete my virginmedia email addresses

northpolepete
Joining in

I'm trying to delete my primary and secondary email address that I used with Virginmedia until I terminated my account in December 2023. Despite my account being closed down, the email addresses still work and people are still sending email to them (despite me telling them not to). 
I've just spent half an hour on the phone to VM customer service asking them to delete my email addresses.
They just told me it was my personal email address and I could close it down. I told them that my account closed 6 months ago and I am unable to log in to delete my email addresses. They told me to ignore any emails sent to these addresses - I told them that people are still sending emails to them (despite me asking them not to) and all I want to do was to delete the email addresses. Their final response was to ask me to get friends or family to show me how to delete my email addresses - I said that I'd been the phone to VM for 30 minutes and they were unable to do it, so I'm not holding out any hope on friends and family being able to delete an email address from the VM mail servers.
I am unable to log in to my old VM account and just want VM to delete my old email addresses - but VM seem unable to do this. What do I need to do to delete my old addresses? 

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@northpolepete  The VM Forum Team should be able to arrange this for you.  They will respond to this thread in due course and are likely to send you a private message via the Forum to obtain details from you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @northpolepete 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you've not been able get the support needed to delete the Virgin Media email address that are no longer connected to an active broadband account. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thank you for joining me on private message @northpolepete 

Glad we were able to get this requested for you today. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :).

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley