cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer legacy unassigned Blueyonder mailbox to new VM account.

foxtrot2
Joining in

Hi,

Please can a member of the admin team contact me directly to arrange moving an unassigned legacy Blueyonder mailbox to a new VM account.

I am concerned it may be removed soon, as webmail access has recently been lost to this mailbox.

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@foxtrot2 wrote:

Please can a member of the admin team contact me directly to arrange moving an unassigned legacy Blueyonder mailbox to a new VM account.

I am not a member of VM staff but based on previous posts on this forum I don't think that is going to be possible. There are a certainly a few issues with that:

• Unless your "unassigned legacy" email account was the Primary address for the original VM broadband contract then it has never been possible to move it to a new VM broadband account. That is because VM can only move an email account to a new broadband account if the original and the new broadband accounts are in the same name.
  • Since May 2022 all new VM broadband accounts have to use a non VM email address as  the sign in address. I think it may be possible for an existing broadband customer who moves house and opens a new VM account at their new address to have all their existing email accounts moved over. However, I am not sure it is possible if there has been a lengthy break between the two broadband accounts.
  • If the original broadband account was closed more than 90 days ago then VM may well have deleted it already. The fact that you have lost access to the webmail account is not a good sign. That is the first part of VM's email account deletion process. .Since May 2022 VM have been catching up with deleting email accounts that are no longer linked to a live broadband account.
  • VM's decision in May 2022 to stop issuing new email accounts suggests that the whole future of the VM email service is uncertain so that does not exactly help your case either.

One of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) will contact you via this thread. Bear in mind though that the Easter Weekend may mean they take a bit longer than usual.

I hope that they can help you but I thought that I would give you the heads up that it's not going to be a straightforward exercise. 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @foxtrot2 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your query. As mentioned by @coenoby, we may not be able to assist you with this. Typically if an account is closed with us, any VM email addresses attached to it are closed within 90 days https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving It wouldn't be something we can transfer to another account. To verify this, We have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. I'll be in touch soon.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs