cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious e mall

fdj12
On our wavelength
On the 02 April I received an email from email@em.virginmedia.co.uk informing me that..............

Your virginmedia contract ended on the 24 August If you renew today we'll give you

an exclusive discount on your current package as a thanks for being with us.

Your package will stay the same but with a 25% discount whats not to love.

To renew your contract button in the email took me to the Oops something went wrong page.

Just out of curiosity i replied to the email and of course it didn't accept replies.

Is this a genuine offer or another scam.

reply-to: email@virginmedia.co.uk
to [MOD EDIT: Personal details]
date: Apr 2, 2024, 1:42 PM
subject: David, check out your EXCLUSIVE renewal offer 

mailed-by: em.virginmedia.co.uk
signed-by: em.virginmedia.co.uk
security:

Standard encryption (TLS) Learn more

:
Important according to Google magic.

Many thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi fdj12, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

I can see you've already been sent a private message from my colleague who picked up your post on another thread. 

We'll leave this with them to avoid multiple agents working on the same thing 🙂 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

tecky25
Joining in

Hi. I have had the exact same email which says that as a valued customer i can have a special deal which keeps my monthly payment and contract the same until end of March next year which is an extension of my existing contract of 6 months. Cannot see anything when i sign into my online account.  

How did you get on as i am thinking this is some sort of scam?

Hi. I have had the exact same email which says that as a valued customer i can have a special deal which keeps my monthly payment and contract the same until end of March next year which is an extension of my existing contract of 6 months. Cannot see anything when i sign into my online account.  

How did you get on as i am thinking this is some sort of scam or is it correct?

Hey tecky25, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

What email was this, can you confirm the address for us? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?