cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping phishing blackmail emails?

thsc04646
On our wavelength

For some time now, I have been receiving weekly(ish) phishing blackmail scam emails saying he (the scammer) has taken very dodgy webcam footage of me, and will share with all my friends on family on social media unless I pay bitcoin to an untraceable account. Obviously there is no such footage so I'm not worried about that, and I'd normally just add the scammers email address to the Blocked Email address list (currently 250 limit) and move on. However, the scammer has managed to spoof the email sender details to make it look like the sender (me@blueyonder) email address is exactly the same as the receiving (me@blueyonder) email address! Obviously I'm not sending myself blackmail scam emails and can't add myself to the blocked list, so I currently just delete them them as they appear. Is there any way to stop them arriving in the first place? Regards, Tony.  

13 REPLIES 13

thsc04646
On our wavelength

I wasn't using the nested option previously, so I tried editing the filter, exactly as you have it - my screenprints below - but it won't let me proceed, ie Save. Am I doing something wrong?

thsc04646_7-1708010766260.png

thsc04646
On our wavelength

thsc04646_9-1708011012299.png

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Press the Tab key to move around the page until Save option becomes active.

Thanks for that. Save accepted, so I sent myself a test email, but it appeared in my Inbox. I also tried selecting Exactly, and again with Matches in the Sender box, but they all appeared in my Inbox. I could send screenprints again, but I guess you are fed up with this one by now, so I'll revert to Plan B and use the other filter to divert all @blueyonder emails to Spam.  Thanks for your help on this - much appreciated!