cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary email account not working on webmail - please help

glasspath
On our wavelength

I have several ntlworld email addresses linked to my broadband/tv/phone account. One, used by my son, has recently lost webmail access. He can log in to his "additional account" and has tried changing his login password but when trying to access webmail just gets a screen saying "Forbidden". Please can you help restore his webmail access?

2 REPLIES 2

glasspath
On our wavelength

Thank you fro your suggestions, Obamacare. On 1) I believe he has tried both Safari and Chrome in incognito mode but still gets "Forbidden" at Mail.virginmedia.com. On 2) His email is definitely still showing as associated with my main account although his login has been changed to xxx@gmail.com to access his additional account and via this his xxx@ntlworld.com emails. On 3) We'll try that again. On 4) He has tried on phone and over broadband (at work not on Virginmedia)and gets the Virginmedia Forbidden page so it doesn't seem to be a service outage. 0n 5) We don't think this can be the case since he is actually getting the Forbidden page response from mail.virginmedia.com.

We will make further attempts as you suggest but any further suggestions or things I have misunderstood, from you or a moderator would be very welcome.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@glasspath wrote:

Thank you fro your suggestions, Obamacare.

It seems that the poster Obamacare you refer to in your latest post has disappeared so I don't know what their suggestions 1) - 5) were.

These days when people report getting the "Forbidden" error message when accessing their VM email account the Forum Team (VM staff members who support this forum) recommend that they go through the process of changing their Username / login address to a non VM email address. That normally seems to solve the problem.

However if I understand "his login has been changed to xxx@gmail.com to access his additional account" correctly the has already done that. So presumably he is using that gmail address to log in?

Just to clarify, when you say "and via this his xxx@ntlworld.com emails." does that mean he is accessing the Ntlworld email account by signing into his My Virgin Media Account with the Gmail address and then clicking on the "Virgin Media Mail" link? 

Or is he getting the "Forbidden" error when he enters the  Gmail address here https://mail.virginmedia.com/ 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks