cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary e-mail account locked out (again)

markfranklin
Tuning in

Hi all

A few weeks ago, one of our secondary e-mail accounts became inaccessible with the usual "your account has been locked" message.

We followed all the usual guidance, changing the password and so on, but nothing worked.

I came on to this forum and discovered that many other users were suffering the same issue.  After a couple of days, the issue was resolved.

Now we've had the same problem again with another of our secondary accounts, this time my daughter's one.

Does anyone know if it is again a more widespread issue or should we do the changing password business etc.?

Thanks so much

4 REPLIES 4

AlanFife
On our wavelength

Am having the same issues this morning saying i cant access my email and to change passwords etc but nothing working.

SandraDJ
On our wavelength

I am having the same issue this morning.  I have different email accounts for different purposes.  I can't get into one of them, and get this message:

Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable

This is either because your Virgin Media Mail account is locked, or because you don’t have an active account with us anymore.

If you have an existing Virgin Media Mail account with us, please follow the steps below, as your account may have been locked as a security precaution.

stevedol
On our wavelength

I am also experiencing this issue this morning.

I have generated a new password but still get the same page come up to tell me my email account is locked and unavailable.

I can also now not access my emails via outlook app or virgin media website, even though the app password should only affect app use.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello All, 

Apologies for the email access issues experienced yesterday, we understand the frustration and appreciate you raising this via the forums.

We were aware of an issue regarding accessing emails, this was raised with the team to investigate and was resolved later on yesterday. If you're still experiencing issues we'd recommend following these steps:

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Rob