cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently had to have the OS system reinstalled and have an issue as can't access password manager.

makemray
On our wavelength

I have recently had my MacPro repaired and the OS system had to be reinstalled. I find that I must have updated my Virginmedia passwords, I used a password manager and so probably that generated a password. I usually have a backup for that but must not have done so on this occasion. My back up files were outdated. I need to set up a Mail account s well as accessing my account. ( thankfully I had the correct password for this forum ) 

I am not receiving a password reset email for the two email addresses I use. Nothing in my spam files either. So I would like to be able to identify which of the two email addresses I use for my Virginmedia account and email account. Also to set a password that I can use and save for both accounts please. 

Can you please contact me to sort this out ?

regards

Ray

3 REPLIES 3

makemray
On our wavelength

Just to add and this maybe a coincidence that I now can no longer receive or send emails on my mobile phone. I tried old emails as a message said a password was the issue. Then realised that a password key/code is probably required ( three words) . I can access that page on the website either until my  overall password is available to me. I now have no access to emails which is a concern to me. 

makemray
On our wavelength

Just an update. I needed urgent access to my account so phoned in. Once I got a new password for my Virginmedia account and able to access emails again I was able to get verification codes to set up my Password Manger backed up and saved from an external drive. Everything set up now and running . 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey makemray,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’ve had with your account but glad to hear that you have been able to get the issues resolved speaking to the team over the phone.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L