cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL email access.

vicyouelatgoogl
Tuning in

A  couple of days ago when I logged in to my email account under my addrees which is ####@ntlworld.com I was presented with a security screen asking me to tick the segments that contained elements of a bicycle which I failed and then a picture containing mountains and again I failed and was then was asked to reset my ntl passwoed. This did not work and nor did phone calls  to the helpdesk in Northern Ireland. I gave up and went to bed,.Yesterday a  very helpfull person at the Virgin helpdesk in India told me that it is now Virgin comapny policy to cease servicing people with an NTL email address,and advised me change to google mail. I had a lengthy discussion about how difficult it was for me to contact over a  thousand or more addreeses recorded in my Thunderbird email application and then amend their mailing address records as I receive responces..After a long wait he said he had been in discussion with the Virgin IT department and they will remedy the virgin email sofware in order that I can receive and send emails using my windows pc(Thumderbird application) and Apple  phone using my old ntlworld email address.;He told me  that this could take till next week

Meanwhile my ntl email account is closed so I have joined this community as a google mail user. Hopefully somebody will try an rescue me and I cannot beleive that Virgin has shut me down after being an original NTL user since the last century

Help please as I am desperate and dont believe that Virgin will correct this problem by nextweek

Vic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey vicyouelatgoogl,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account.

Are you current Virgin media broadband customer? if you are no longer a customer of ours, any email account would be closed down 90 days after your services disconnect.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey vicyouelatgoogl,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account.

Are you current Virgin media broadband customer? if you are no longer a customer of ours, any email account would be closed down 90 days after your services disconnect.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Stephen I have been  trying to reply to you but an unexpected error norice appeared. So hope this attempt works,Yes I joined NTL about 25 years ago which then beccame Virgin and have been a customer since then

Contacted the help desk in India again yesterday and as far as I was able to comprhend the person they confirmed that my ntl email will no longer work and they asked me to join google mail or yahoo! This is totally unacceptable and although my monthly rental for a buidle of services has reduced fro £169 to £80 a month I feel forced to leave

The helpdesk said they have contacted the 2nd line experts and wull get back to me.....that wàs what they said earlier in the week.

I have some 1000 contacts in my address book and now have no email service what so ever

Hi vicyouelatgoogl 👋 thanks for getting back to us!

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing some issues getting back in touch via community so we can continue to help with your query. 

It sounds as though a ticket has been raised with IT (Second line technical support) to help with the email access issue. 

We would need to take a look at the account to provide any further updates and support with the ticket, and this email issue. We do this by confirming a few details via PM. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

I used a  phone number for "homeworks" and made contact today with a person in India who was very patiernt and managed to reset everything for my ntlworld address on my pc using gmail to communicate;  Thank goodness I can now send and receive emails to my ntl world address list built up for over 20 years.

Only problem is that I forgot to get help to allow my iphone to receive and send emails using my ntl world address!

Also the lady who helped asked to give her a good report but I have had no feedback rwuest and dont know how to do this..

vicyouelatgoogl
Tuning in

PS Molly I was unable to find your PM  is it on my gmail page or somewhere else?

Hi Vicyouelatgoogl 👋

Apologies for any delayed response, reply times can vary depending on staff working hours and availability. There is a reply waiting for you in your PM inbox in the top right corner of this page. 

From your responses on this thread it does look as though your issue may be resolved 🤞 but please let me know in your PM reply if not so I can continue to help! 
Thanks again for your patience in the meantime. 🌞

Molly

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This may help you to regain access with your IPhone. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thank you for posting this jpeg1 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?