cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ntlworld email account has been hacked, I need to shut it down.

LeedaleJ
Joining in

My Ntlworld email account has been hacked, as a result I've lost control of my facebook and X accounts, but in truth I used them very little. I have successfully removed the ntlworld email from all my accounts and websites I was registered on and very little is going into it but it is still live. I haven't lost any money etc. but it concerns me that a compromised account in my name is still out there. The ordinary virgin media help line were not able to help me. They said they could not do it. Even if it was just suspended, that would be better.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LeedaleJ,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see your Email has been hacked and that they gained access to your Social Media account, is the Virgin Media account associated with the Email still active?

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LeedaleJ,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see your Email has been hacked and that they gained access to your Social Media account, is the Virgin Media account associated with the Email still active?

Regards

Paul.

johnharris1
On our wavelength

Be careful I had similar, they will use your Facebook account as ID for other purposes.

Ask VM to make sure your emails aren't being forwarded to a third party.

Yes it is. I still have a quite large Virginmedia package and the hacked email is the "primary email" on the account, so i don't seem to have any functionality on myvirginmedia to change it? I have tried ringing Virgin Media help but they didn't seem to know how to change it either?

I'll pop you a PM 📩 now @LeedaleJ to assist further!

Speak soon.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs