cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost private folders

theoklink
On our wavelength

Suddenly my wife's personal email folders can no longer be found.They still show in the email client but are greyed out so are inaccesible. Checking at the virgin back end, the folders cannot be found. Please sent me a PM so I can provide further details or restore the lost personal data

20 REPLIES 20

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@theoklink wrote:

It is clear that VirginMedia is trying to get rid of legacy customers without incurring any costs such as compensation or reduced rates/offering alternatives. I guess losing customer data is one one to achieve this

I have been a customer of VM since before they were VM but I have never used their email service as my main email account. VM email has gone through several iterations over the years but, in my opinion, it has always been flaky.  People have been complaining for years (long before 2022) on this forum about their emails going missing. It's really not a new thing.

The positive advice I was giving in my post was that you need to check whether the missing folders are actually still in the affected webmail account but possibly out of sight because for some reason they have been moved to become subfolders rather than folders in their own right. I suggested that based on the fact that you say the folders are still there in your email client but greyed out.

If that is the case you don't need help from VM to recover the missing emails and I can tell you how to do that if necessary.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks