cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't access Virgin Media Mail

craigstokes1981
Tuning in

Hi all,

I have had months of trying to resolve my issues with Virgin Media Mail, through Live Chat and various troubleshooting attempts, but I am getting nowhere.

I have a main NTL e-mail address and 3 other Virgin Media e-mail addresses, which I assume are secondary and should be attached to the main account.

I can no longer access any of the e-mails through webmail - as it says they are unavailable. Tried password resets, but this doesn't work. I can access most through my phone e-mail client.

I can seems to manage or access any of the secondary e-mail accounts through My Virgin Media - they just do not appear. They don't appear to be linked to my main account.

I have lost access to one of the secondary e-mails completely, as I cant remember the password, and there seems no option to reset the password on this one.

I also cant access my bill or other account information through My Virgin Media.

I am pulling my hair out, as it shouldn't me this difficult.

Has anyone experienced similar issues, or can anyone point me in the direction of someone that could actually help me?

Regards

Craig 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@craigstokes1981 

It sounds as if there may be a lot of confusion caused by the complexity of the way the Virgin Media system is set up.

I'll try to offer some clarification that may help you and Virgin Media to resolve your issues. I apologise if you already know all of what I say here:

One crucial point is that originally every VM broadband account had one My Virgin Media (MVM) account which you accessed using the email address and password of the Primary email account. That MVM account allowed you to view your VM bills and package details.

In addition, you could rest the password for any secondary email accounts for that  broadband account.. These days the only option you have is to delete secondary email accounts. (Beware of doing that though because once you delete an account it cannot be reinstated,)

There is a lot of confusion now because these days every VM, NTL and Blueyonder email account now has its  own My Virgin Media (MVM) Account

You access a secondary email account's MVM page from the same sign in page as your main MVM account https://www.virginmedia.com by using the email address and password for that secondary VM email account. The MVM account for a secondary email address allows you to reset the password for that secondary email account but it does not allow you to view your VM bills.

So when you say "I also cant access my bill or other account information through My Virgin Media" that suggests to me that you  are accessing the MVM account of a secondary email account rather than youractual primary account. The MVM account for a primary address displays the related VM bill details right at the top of the page, you cannot miss it.

When you say "I can(not?) seems to manage or access any of the secondary e-mail accounts through My Virgin Media - they just do not appear" yes, that is how the VM system now works.

Each VM, NTL or Blueyonder email account  can only be accessed either from its own MVM account or directly on the VM webmail service using this link  https://mail.virginmedia.com  and the secondary email address and password

"They don't appear to be linked to my main account."  In fact your actual primary MVM account will show the addresses of all VM secondary email accounts that are linked to it if you go to "Account settings" then "Account details" and scroll down that page and click on "Manage other My Virgin Media accounts".

One thing that is worrying is when you say "I can no longer access any of the e-mails through webmail...... can access most through my phone e-mail client."

The reason that is worrying is because it suggests that those email accounts are in the process of being deleted by VM. When VM delete an email account they start by blocking access to the webmail account but for a while you can still access it using an email app or client. One possible reason for these email accounts to be deleted is that they were/are linked to a previous VM broadband account which has since been closed.

However, in any case there does seem to be some confusion about which of your email accounts is the primary account for your current broadband account and that needs to be clarified either by you or VM.

One of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) will contact you via this thread and take your details by Private Message. Hopefully they can clarify this for you,

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@craigstokes1981 

It sounds as if there may be a lot of confusion caused by the complexity of the way the Virgin Media system is set up.

I'll try to offer some clarification that may help you and Virgin Media to resolve your issues. I apologise if you already know all of what I say here:

One crucial point is that originally every VM broadband account had one My Virgin Media (MVM) account which you accessed using the email address and password of the Primary email account. That MVM account allowed you to view your VM bills and package details.

In addition, you could rest the password for any secondary email accounts for that  broadband account.. These days the only option you have is to delete secondary email accounts. (Beware of doing that though because once you delete an account it cannot be reinstated,)

There is a lot of confusion now because these days every VM, NTL and Blueyonder email account now has its  own My Virgin Media (MVM) Account

You access a secondary email account's MVM page from the same sign in page as your main MVM account https://www.virginmedia.com by using the email address and password for that secondary VM email account. The MVM account for a secondary email address allows you to reset the password for that secondary email account but it does not allow you to view your VM bills.

So when you say "I also cant access my bill or other account information through My Virgin Media" that suggests to me that you  are accessing the MVM account of a secondary email account rather than youractual primary account. The MVM account for a primary address displays the related VM bill details right at the top of the page, you cannot miss it.

When you say "I can(not?) seems to manage or access any of the secondary e-mail accounts through My Virgin Media - they just do not appear" yes, that is how the VM system now works.

Each VM, NTL or Blueyonder email account  can only be accessed either from its own MVM account or directly on the VM webmail service using this link  https://mail.virginmedia.com  and the secondary email address and password

"They don't appear to be linked to my main account."  In fact your actual primary MVM account will show the addresses of all VM secondary email accounts that are linked to it if you go to "Account settings" then "Account details" and scroll down that page and click on "Manage other My Virgin Media accounts".

One thing that is worrying is when you say "I can no longer access any of the e-mails through webmail...... can access most through my phone e-mail client."

The reason that is worrying is because it suggests that those email accounts are in the process of being deleted by VM. When VM delete an email account they start by blocking access to the webmail account but for a while you can still access it using an email app or client. One possible reason for these email accounts to be deleted is that they were/are linked to a previous VM broadband account which has since been closed.

However, in any case there does seem to be some confusion about which of your email accounts is the primary account for your current broadband account and that needs to be clarified either by you or VM.

One of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) will contact you via this thread and take your details by Private Message. Hopefully they can clarify this for you,

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

-D
On our wavelength

Virgin haven't uploaded emails to my computer since September 25th, nor can it operate their click-on links online [detailed in various forum posts under 'Email - denial of service].  Thousands of similar posts on here under a number of email headings.  And in press reports online.  No resolution as to why.

-D 

wodsy69
On our wavelength

I had the exact same issue as you - you need to call up and ask to have an IT ticket logged

The technical team know there is an issue and have a long list of people on there to call back - so there is a wait, bit you won’t get told that by CS

Tech were fab and fixed access to one account but I have now lost access to the other!

Hi D 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back to the community thread 😊.

Sorry to see you are having issues with your emails ☹.

Please can you elaborate what is happening and we will do our best to help.

Our team are doing everything they can to get this resolved 🙏

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Arissa,

No-one from the Forum team has contacted me. You seem to have bypassed my original message and replied to D.

Are you able to DM me so we can look into my issue, to ensure that my e-mail accounts are not deleted and webmail access is restored.

Thanks

Craig

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@craigstokes1981 wrote:

No-one from the Forum team has contacted me. You seem to have bypassed my original message and replied to D.

That's unfortunate - sorry about that.

I have escalated this to the Forum Team so you should get a response today hopefully

Coenoby

Hi craigstokes1981 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Forums.

I'm very sorry to see that your original message didn't receive a response. I'm going to send you a private message, so we can gather some further details and assist further.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture then selecting "Messages".

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Kirsti
On our wavelength

I cannot access my emails (blueyonder.co.uk address). Could someone help please?

The system is refusing to acknowledge the password and when I try to change it, claims that the email address is not recognised either.

This is, of course, nonsense, I have had my blueyonder account for the past 20 years!

Help!

Kirsti

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kirsti wrote:

I cannot access my emails (blueyonder.co.uk address)........r.

,I have had my blueyonder account for the past 20 years!

The big question though, is do you still have a Virgin Media broadband account?

If the broadband account which was used to set up this email account was closed more that 90 days ago then the email account will have been closed in line with the Terms and Conditions of VM broadband contracts.

In the past  VM seemed to be very slack in deleting email accounts in those circumstances, As a result, lots of former VM customers continued to use their Virginmedia.com, Blueyonder.co.uk, Ntlworld.com or Virgin.net email accounts long after they had switched to other broadband providers.

The problem is that since VM stopped issuing new email accounts back in May 2022 they seem to be working to close down these old email accounts that are no longer linked to a live VM broadband contract.

If you are still a VM broadband customer the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) should be able to help you. However, if you are not, then sadly there is nothing that VM staff can do to support you.

Post back as soon as possible and advise whether there is a live VM broadband contract still in the picture.

Coenoby