cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Old Virgin blueyonder email hacked by scammers.

Dwright
Just joined

Hello. I'm after some urgent help.

My old Virgin email address was hacked over the weekend along with its old password and is being used to open new accounts on different websites.

I was a Virgin customer until last January (2023) when I had to cancel my account due to moving house. I was told that my Blueyonder email would be discontinued after 90 days of leaving. That doesn't seem to be the case as I have received many emails from companies over the last 48 hours telling me that I have signed (or attempted) to sign into their websites including, very worryingly, a Poker website that that told me I had deposited money into an account(?) and then withdrew it.

I assumed the email address would have been deleted by Virgin but obviouysly not. I phoned Virgin Customer Services. The first time I was told I had to report it to the I.T. dept but the number they gave just went to an answer message and then the second lady was extremely unhelpful stating that because I am no longer a customer there she was not allowed to investigate further and that I should "call the cops".

Is there anyone here that knows how I can procede with this so that Virgin permanently removes my old blueyonder email address? As well as the emails from websites saying i have tried signing up to their services I am also receiving very threatening emails from scammers asking for money or they will take control of my computer.

Thank you

Dan

1 REPLY 1

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dwright 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm very sorry to hear you've experienced some issues with an older BlueYonder email. I'm going to send you a private message, to assist further.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and then selecting "Messages".

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ