cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: My IP address is blacklisted

Tamer2
Joining in

Hello,

I’ve been having email problems for a while. I have 2 emails on my laptop (outlook): a work email and a personal one. The work email receives emails fine, but I am not able to send emails when I’m using WiFi. I can only send if I logon my mobile’s hotspot. My personal email cannot receive any emails at all (neither using WiFi nor my mobile’s hotspot) but it can send out emails. I contacted my email provider who after some digging informed me that my IP address is blacklisted on blacklisted at Spamhaus ZEN and TRUNCATE, and advised me to contact my ISP. 

Can someone please help?

thanks

Tamer

5 REPLIES 5

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You don't say who your mail provider is - but I would go back to them and check to see if there is any firewall blocking of your Virgin Media residential IP address.

Mail blacklists don't protect the servers that send outbound mail.  Rather they protect the mail servers that receive inbound mail for a domain.

Virtually ALL residential IP addresses that are allocated via DHCP will be on Spamhaus's PBL and by extension Spamhaus Zen.

Is your personal Email address on your own domain?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My email provider is Orange. It is located in Egypt. I was with another ISP in the UK for more than a year during which I’ve had no problems. The problems started since I joined Virgin. 

Tamer2
Joining in

And no. My personal email is not on my domain. The domain I have is that of my work (an Egypt based company).

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you confirm the server addresses you are using to send your mail?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

For my personal email it is mail.link.net

for my work email it is linksmtp.hosting.link.net