cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code DEF01

SteveHammer
Joining in

I haven't been able to access my account/email for a few days now.  My account details aren't recognised and I constantly get the DEF01 error code.  I have tried using 5 different devices (2 iPhones, a laptop, a PC and an iPad), and 3 different browsers (internet explorer, chrome & firefox) and I am still locked out.

5 REPLIES 5

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi SteveHammer 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're seeing a DEF01 error when attempting to register your account. This can happen for various different reasons. Do you currently have an active service, or are you awaiting an install?

Are you also able to provide screenshots on where this DEF01 error is displayed (censoring any personal information), as this can happen at different stages of the registration process, and will help us identify potential reasons for the issue.

You've also mentioned that your account details aren't recognised - is this a separate error you're receiving?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

SteveHammer
Joining in

Hi - I don't have any services with Virgin other than email as I emigrated from the UK to Canada but kept my virgin email address.  It started when I was trying to set up my emails on my new iPhone and I had to enter an alternative 'recovery' email in My Virgin Media account so I used my wife's Gmail.  Now I am unable to access either my Virgin Media account or my emails using either emails.

vm2.pngvm1.png

Thank you for providing this @SteveHammer 

Are you able to see if you get the same error when signing in from this link please?

Let us know if this has worked or if you still see the same error at your side

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi - still get the same error. Tried the ‘forgot password’ link through this as well and still get the DEF01 error code. 

Thank you for that information SteveHammer. I will private message you now to confirm your details so we can look into this. 

^Martin