cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from Virgin Media about closing my email account

peterc123
Joining in

I have received the email containing: ‘As you no longer have Virgin Media services, your Virgin Media email address will become inactive. We’ll close your Virgin Media email account in 30 days, which means you won’t be able to access your inbox after that and contents of your account will be removed and permanently deleted.’

I would like to keep my @virgin.net email.  I have seen a couple of posts and I am still not clear about my situation.  I have two Virgin Media O2 mobile accounts.  I have not closed any account.  My wife has the main virgin media broadband account in her name with a @ntlworld.com email (since 2004) and a Virgin Media O2 mobile account. I originally tried to get my @virgin.net email onto the broadband account as well. I was told that it was not possible to add the account and to 'dial up' every 90 days and it should be okay. 

My account was moved in 2009 to the ‘brand new Virgin Media Mail.’ In 2021 I was sent the email to tell me that ‘Virgin Media is part of Virgin Media O2 ’ and ‘This is just to let you know this doesn’t affect your account with us, and you don’t need to do a thing. ’.

Any guidance would be appreciatted.

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@peterc123 Unfortunately for you the fact that you have  VMO2 mobile contracts is of no help in this situation.  Continued use of a virginmedia email address including all the legacy domains eg virgin.net require the email account to be attached to a current VM broadband account.  As your wife has the broadband account in her name VM will not be able to move your email address to her account.  Even if they could it would wipe out her ntworld email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @peterc123 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post. Sorry to hear there is confusion regarding your email account. Generally, if the cable account is still active from when you first created the email, this shouldn't be a problem. When a cable account is closed with us, within 90 days we aim to close down any associated emails. Sometimes some emails can exist for longer until a manual clean-up. To verify if this is the case, we are sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs