cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composing, forwarding, replying etc. not working for months on desktop

Ethan_Lister
Tuning in

As the title says, I'm unable to use my email properly on desktop, though emails can still be viewed and received. This has been the case for months so I've mainly been using other devices, hoping the issue would be resolved on its own. As this hasn't happened and its becoming a nuisance I'm hoping someone here can help.

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this the same issue that was raised last July 2023, here Re: Webmail not working - Virgin Media Community - 5359323?

• Yes, then post back here so thread can be flagged to the forum team
  • No, then  provide more detail of the issue affecting webmail

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

I too have had and continue to have the same issue since last June - so frustrating. I'ts only on my laptop - it's ok on my mobile phone. How do I rectify please?

Hi @Karyn1 👋,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry you are having some issues with your emails.

What happens eaxctly? Any specific error?

Are you using webmail or third party email client?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha, I can receive emails but when I try to forward, reply or compose an email, I get a small red circle with a line through, a little like a 'no entry' road sign where my cursor is hovering over the reply, compose buttons etc. 

I've attempted to sign in using ddifferent platforms but I'm not sure what you mean by webmail or third party client?

Thanks for replying 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If a web browser is used to access the email account then it is using webmail, as shown below left on large screen device and right on small screen device:
2024-03-10.jpeg
Any other method of access will be via an email client, for example Thunderbird or similar application.

Thank you for coming back to us Karyn1☺.

Sorry to see it is showing a small circle with a line through ☹.

Let me further investigate this matter 🧐.

I will have to private message you.

Please watch out for the envelope ✉. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide