cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Email Accounts

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I close my Virgin Media (ntlworld.com) email accounts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The primary email account can only be deleted if the following conditions are met and:then only through the forum team.

• it is no longer linked to an active Virgin Media broadband account
  • more than 90 days have passed since broadband account was terminated

If these condition are met post back here to have issue flagged to the forum team.

No such condition apply to secondary email accounts and these can be deleted by:

• signing in as the primary account holder here, Login to My Virgin Media | Virgin Media
  • select Account settings > Account details > Manage other My Virgin Media accounts
  • for each account to be deleted select its Delete link and follow the instructions to confirm deletion

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The primary email account can only be deleted if the following conditions are met and:then only through the forum team.

• it is no longer linked to an active Virgin Media broadband account
  • more than 90 days have passed since broadband account was terminated

If these condition are met post back here to have issue flagged to the forum team.

No such condition apply to secondary email accounts and these can be deleted by:

• signing in as the primary account holder here, Login to My Virgin Media | Virgin Media
  • select Account settings > Account details > Manage other My Virgin Media accounts
  • for each account to be deleted select its Delete link and follow the instructions to confirm deletion

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and for your query.

Thank you to @用心棒 for providing you with the right information about how to close your Virgin Media mailboxes if needed.

If you need any further help or assistance, please let us know. We're here to help. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pauline Z,

Thank you for your email reply.

I just want to close the WHOLE Virgin Media Account, that includes the main email address and the actual account number [REMOVED].

I cannot see that I can do this, I have deleted an additional email account but wish to discontinue completely the Virgin Media account and all associated paraphernalia!

Please can you confirm that this can be done asap.

Many thanks 

Stephen Nation

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Hi StevieWonders,

Thank you for reaching out to us, do you still have an active account with us which you wish to cancel?

Regards

Paul.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an active email account [MOD EDIT: REMOVED] which I wish to be closed/cancelled/discontinued etc. 

I cancelled my Virgin Media Broadband/Landline/Mobile accounts in June 2022 [MOD EDIT: REMOVED] and do not wish to have this account active or the ntlworld.com  email address account. Please delete all data from your system.

Thank you

Stephen Nation

PS. If in doing this you need to contact me via another source, then please use the email address: [MOD EDIT: REMOVED]

Hi Stephen, thanks for your post here in the Community.

I'm more than happy to help here with your request, please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you.

Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

I have the same problem. Left Virgin months ago, but my email still seems to be active. How can I stop this and let people know that it is defunct?

Hi Rodolphson 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for joining this thread to let us know you are having the same issue. 

If the email has not deleted automatically within 30 days of your services disconnection we will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can look into this further for you and arrange it if needed. 

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi All 👋 Just returning to this public thread to keep it updated!

Thanks to Rodolphson for PMing with me 📩 we were able to confirm the details we need to get the email address closed down. This has all been confirmed and is now resolved for them. 

Thank you for your patience whilst we got this sorted! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly