cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed account delivering spam

Bulldog2
Joining in

I have been getting regular spam messages from an NLTWORLD email account which should have closed around 5 years ago to my outlook.com account, normally I just delete the spam but on Monday the message was threatening and rather distressing saying the scammers have accessed my devices and threatening to send fake messages to all my contacts. How can I completely closed the ntl email down

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Bulldog2 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us, apologies for the issues you are having with your emails. We can certainly look into this for you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bulldog2 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that an old email account is receiving threating spam. If this email is not connected to a active Virgin Media account, it should've been closed down within the 90days we advise after the disconnection of the service/account. 

Just to confirm, the email this is regarding is not used to log in or connected to an active Virgin Media account?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley, I left Virgin Media in September 2018 and linked my ntl email with my new gmail account to cover the 90 days, but I still get scam mails even now after 5 years. I noticed one of your community helpers suggested to someone else to send an email to the old address to see if it was closed and if it was the sent email would be returned undelivered. So I sent an email to my old ntl world email account an Indian not return undelivered leaving me to believe it has not been closed

Hi @Bulldog2 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us, apologies for the issues you are having with your emails. We can certainly look into this for you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina