cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access webmail

Dave27
On our wavelength

Hi hope someone can help.

I have a couple of virgin email addresses which i use.

I used to be a customer but had to leave but was told i could keep my emails going if i am actively using them.

I am having issues trying to log on via the web app.

When i try to log in it does not seem to think i have an account and you can no longer log in via the webmail link as it tries to authorize you via the main account log in.

how am i supposed to access my email accounts via the online portal ?

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dave27  Unfortunately however told you that did not understand the Terms and conditions.  Once you stop being a Virgin Media broadband customer any associated email addresses are supposed to be closed down after 90 days.  In practice they can go on working for years before finally being culled.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

So it does seem that you have hit the final buffers as far as those email addresses are concerned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Dave27
On our wavelength

yea when i was cancelling my service I specifically asked if I could keep my emails and they said yes.

I can sign in via my email client but to access the web version you need an actual active virgin account to access it first.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That makes sense.  Once an account is in the process of being deleted webmail access is the first part to be shut down.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your post @Dave27, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

We're sorry to hear of the incorrect advice issued to you at point of cancellation.

Our E-Mail accounts should only be available to customers for up to 90 days beyond the completion of the disconnection of the services.

We would advise that you move everything important from this E-Mail account, to a newly created E-Mail address with a reputable domain, whilst you have a form of access to it as soon as possible, to avoid losing anything of value to you.

Thanks

David_Bn