cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send emails from my @virgin.net address but can still receive them

davebinman
Dialled in

For the last week or so I've not been able to send any emails from my @virgin.net addresses as they just hang/remain in the Outbox forever, but I do still receive emails sent to my @virgin.net addresses. I've changed nothing my end and never had a problem before for many, many years??!!

I have to use an alternative @virginmedia.com email address to send which I would prefer not to have to do. 

Windows 10 with MS Office Outlook 2007  

tia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davebinman
Dialled in

My apologies for late reply but, after sweating most of Sunday & yesterday and trying everything that has been said/suggested before, I've FINALLY got everything back again although it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what fixed it but I did check my Outlook details (as below) and had to use some weird app password too (which I don't recall VM ever notifying customers about??)  

Anyway, thanks for all your suggestions, links etc and all's well that ends well (till next time maybe)😁

For my @virgin.net addresses:-

Account type: POP3

Incoming mail server: mail.virgin.net

Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.virgin.net

Advanced Server Port Numbers:

Incoming server 110 untick SSL Outgoing server (SMTP) 25 No encrypted connection

and for my @virginmedai.com email address

Incoming mail server: pop3.virginmedia.com

Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.virginmedia.com

Outgoing server: requires authentication (tick) Use same settings

Incoming server 995 Tick SSL Outgoing server (SMTP) 465 encrypted connection SSL

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @davebinman 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues sending mail from outlook.

Are you experiencing the same issue via WebMail?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

davebinman
Dialled in

Thanks Ayisha but I don't use anything other than Outlook for emails (@virgin.net and @virginmedia.com) and never needed to have to use yet another alternative/option so really don't want to use anything else after all these (generally) successful years, plus, as I say, it's only been the last couple of weeks or so & I've not changed anything my end whatsoever  

goslow
Alessandro Volta

See info here about changing Outlook settings

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Unable-to-send-emails/m-p/5541358#M277919

You may also need to set up and app password as per VM info link within the above

Thanks for coming back to us davebinman, have you been able to resolve your issues with the help provided by goslow or are you still having issues? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

davebinman
Dialled in

My apologies for late reply but, after sweating most of Sunday & yesterday and trying everything that has been said/suggested before, I've FINALLY got everything back again although it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what fixed it but I did check my Outlook details (as below) and had to use some weird app password too (which I don't recall VM ever notifying customers about??)  

Anyway, thanks for all your suggestions, links etc and all's well that ends well (till next time maybe)😁

For my @virgin.net addresses:-

Incoming mail server: mail.virgin.net

Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.virgin.net

Incoming server 110 untick SSL Outgoing server (SMTP) 25 No encrypted connection

and for my @virginmedai.com email address

Incoming mail server: pop3.virginmedia.com

Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.virginmedia.com

Outgoing server: requires authentication (tick) Use same settings

Incoming server 995 Tick SSL Outgoing server (SMTP) 465 encrypted connection SSL

Hello davebinman.

Thank you very much for your reply and the fix for not being able to send emails.

We've marked this as helpful answer so anyone having the same issue can head this way for the solution.

While you are on here, is there anything else we can help you with?

Gareth_L

Not for now Gareth but "I'll be back" if/as/when I need help again

cheers

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs