cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send e-mails from iPhone over wifi - new Linksys Wi-Fi (Toob)

craigstokes1981
Tuning in

Help help help

I previously had TalkTalk Wi-Fi (Full Fibre) using an Eero Router and was able to send and receive VM e-mails using my iPhone 15 Pro Max.

I have today switched to Toob Wi-Fi (Full-Fibre) using a Linksys Router. Whilst I can still receive e-mail when on Wi-Fi, I can no longer send e-mails using my iPhone when on Wi-Fi. If I switch to 4g, it works fine. Tried all the normal troubleshooting and resets and have double and triple checked all my settings are correct.

I see similar problems for other users. Can you help and find me a solution?

Kind RegardsCraig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you visit a site such as whatismyipaddress.com that will tell you your public IP address.

You cal then go to spamhaus.org and check to see if the IP is listed on anything other than their PBL 

Note: Ignore the PBL listing, virtually all residential IP addresses should be on this list

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you are not a Virginmedia broadband customer, your VM email is in danger of being closed down in accordance with the conditions when it was issued.

If you still have some access, I suggest you copy any important information from it ASAP. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi,

Thanks for your message. I am still a VM broadband customer (at a different address) so I still have access to my VM e-mail accounts.

That is not the issue at this time.

Can anyone help me resolve the issue.

Kind Regards

Craig

There's this https://support.apple.com/en-us/102556

And a very old thread here https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4245949?sortBy=best 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Hi @craigstokes1981 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us, apologies for the issues that you are having with your emails. Can we ask what error codes or messages you are facing with your emails?

Thanks

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,

IMG_9295.png

I get this whenever I try to send e-mails from any of my VM e-mail addresses, when on WiFi at home. I know these settings are not incorrect, as I triple checked and the e-mails send fine whilst on mobile data (4g)

Thanks

Craig

How do I do this?

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you visit a site such as whatismyipaddress.com that will tell you your public IP address.

You cal then go to spamhaus.org and check to see if the IP is listed on anything other than their PBL 

Note: Ignore the PBL listing, virtually all residential IP addresses should be on this list

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

craigstokes1981
Tuning in

Thank you, it was also on the CSS Blocklist, so I have requested that the IP address has been removed from that blacklist. 

Do you think that this will not solve the issue?

Regards

Craig

Hi,

I got the below response from Spamhaus. I am a little out of my depth here, so any help you could offer in how I should respond would be appreciated….

Thank you for contacting Spamhaus CSS Removals,

Your 145.40.156.110 has been classified as part of a third-party proxy network. At this time, your IP and bandwidth are being exploited by *at least one* residential proxy reseller.

Having an unkown 3rd party proxy on your network opens up many different types of abuse. Spam is just one of them, but these proxies are also used for fraudulent account creation, account takeovers, stolen browser identities, click/ad fraud, as well as stealing PII and other data.

--HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM

If you are NOT running a local mail server on this IP, please do the following:

a) Call your ISP
b) Find out from your ISP if the IP is dedicated or dynamic.
* If it is dynamic, is it CG/NAT? or a single IP assigned to a single user at a time?
c) Find out what your outbound mail settings are. Have your ISP verify your mail settings are correct and provide them in your reply to this ticket.

The potential solution will depend on the answers to the above 3 questions. Please get all of the details before replying.

--->>> If you ARE using this IP as a static/mail server, the conversation is different, so please specify if that is the case. <<<---

Regards,
Alex Grosjean