cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see or change Email filter rules on WebMail

AndrewDJohnson
Tuning in

There were some issues last week with access to Webmails being very sluggish or completely failing.

Now, it seems the email filter rules have been corrupted or something - because I am getting emails that should be being filtered and I can't edit the rules. When I try to access them, I get "Couldn't load your e-mail filter rules virginmedia" and "server unreachable"

Please can someone look into this.

35 REPLIES 35

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@用心棒 wrote:

I am stumped for the moment as to the cause of this issue if not due to operating system and / or web browser zoom levels.

So am I!

It's strange because @Naldo58 's screen shot shows the link to "Blocklist" but not the links to "Filter Rules" or "Spam settings".

I have been having a play with the privacy & security settings in Chrome and Firefox to see if I can recreate this issue but without success.

Sorry Naldo58, I think you'll have to carry on using Bluemail. I have Bluemail installed on one laptop and it is pretty good. I still prefer Thunderbird though.😉

Coenoby.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Me too, that's why I've moved to Blue Mail desktop app.

Thanks for all the advice but I feel VM webmail is done for.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@coenoby wrote:

@用心棒 wrote:

I am stumped for the moment as to the cause of this issue if not due to operating system and / or web browser zoom levels.

So am I!

It's strange because @Naldo58 's screen shot shows the link to "Blocklist" but not the links to "Filter Rules" or "Spam settings".

Just the nudge needed (thank you @coenoby).

@Naldo58, to reproduce what you saw I can either zoom in on the page or reduce the browser's window size. An example of the latter follows with initial window size of 952 × 970:
2024-01-19-a.jpegand then of 952 × 595: 2024-01-19-b.jpeg

Can you try maximising the browser window and then press Ctrl + Shift + R to reload the page to see if issue persists. Should it still persist then look at maybe temporarily disabling any accessibility changes made  to see if issue still persists;

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@用心棒 

"Can you try maximising the browser window and then press Ctrl + Shift + R to reload the page"

Yes, I can now reproduce what Naldo58 is seeing in Firefox,

The trick I found was that when I zoomed in or out I needed to reload the page to to hide or bring back the Filter rules and Spam filter options. I realise now that I had not been doing that before and that was why I could not reproduce what @Naldo58 was seeing.

I can confirm that your solution definitely works. Well done 用心棒 .

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, I've now managed to recover the SPAM & Filter setting on my VM webmail.

Following all the various instructions, mucking about with different screen resolution settings, reducing zoom level & pausing accessibility settings.

I'm now using a screen magnifier - not ideal but it works.

Thanks to @用心棒 & @coenoby for your assistance. 

Kudos added to both.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is good to read the Filter Rule option is visible but extremely disappointing that accessibility options had to be turned off to achieve it; this issue been flagged to the forum team.