cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access emails or login to Virginmedia.

big-luap
Up to speed

Had a problem with loggin into email accouts - P012213849

Suppoort passed this to advanced support. Whom contacted me setup a passowrd for me to use, with the advice to change it the next day.

I have not been able to access it since. 

I have tried the change password option, it lets me put in a new password then refuses to accetp it. 

The family is now locked out of 7 out of 8 email addresses & my master email for my account has been removed.

10 REPLIES 10

wodsy69
On our wavelength

One of my secondary email accounts has disappeared, the one I use the most with key emails in there - yet the other email accounts for my family are still there.

I think I have been hacked but Virgin tell me not, a ticket has been logged with their IT team but it can take up to 5 working days for them to fix it.

In the meantime I don't know if someone has access to my account, but like you I have some really important emails and things I need to sort in the next few days.

How can a whole email account simply disappear??

Hey wodsy69m,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account at the moment, this sounds like it is an email system error rather than your account being hacked, unfortunately we wouldn't be able to do anything further to help as your email issues have been logged with our support team. The support team will be back in touch with you when the issues have been resolved.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

big-luap
Up to speed

Fortunatel I had already set my account to forward to my Gmail, so I am still receiving mail. I also downloaded the .pst files from onedrive to local drive, so I can open them in Outlook, to view my old emails. This is one of the problems with Outlook storing PST files in the onedrive with Windows 10 & 11.

wodsy69
On our wavelength

So somehow Virgin Media can see one of my email accounts that I use all the time - a secondary one but I use it because the blueyonder one kept getting hacked..... but it has disappeared from my view

2 x phone calls, nearly two hours on Saturday - promising someone would ring me on Monday

45 minutes yesterday, promising someone would ring me on Tuesday to give me an update

I was told that I already had 4 accounts - yes I know, I am allowed up to 9.... no information as to how it has happened, how or when I will get it back

Its a critical email account that has things in there that are time sensitive to be dealt with - I only work from the webmail and don't download to a third party app, because heaven forbid it should disappear from a web access

I suppose thats another hour of my life this evening I am not going to get back whilst I listen to the On Hold music of customer services

Oh - I also tried the text message service there are only three options and Chatbot doesn't understand anything outside those parameters!

Hi big-luap,

Upon checking the ticket we can see that it has been closed as resolved, I am really sorry if that's not the case. 

I've dropped you a PM so I can take some details from you and look into this for you.

Thanks,

Beth

The farce is still ongoing on different devices. 

Try this my inbox does not get updates but my Ebay & Paypal folders do. 

bigluap_1-1706533499517.png

To reset the app password had to change the email address, then the password.

after confirming the new email address you then have to request to reset the password, the links are taking so long to arrive that they are expired before I receive them. 

bigluap_2-1706534781278.png

Hey @big-luap,

Thanks for getting back to us with regards to this, sorry that this is still ongoing, you have mentioned that this occurs across multiple devices, can you confirm for me what steps you have taken on these devices to fix the issue? Can you also confirm if its fully functional via our webmail service?

Joe

To get it to work on my main PC I had to contact Customer Services who put me in touch with the advanced team, who gave me a new password to use with 3 email addresses, unfortunately the system no longer reconises these passwords for any of the email addresses. 

It is the requirement to use a non Ntlworld or virgin email address that is causing the problems.