cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access VM Mail from Apple Mail App

athomas2
Tuning in

Have recently changed my iPhone for an iPhone 15 Pro Max and cannot view my VM Mail using the Apple Mail App, only using Webmail.  Advice on how to set up the Apple Mail App to access my VirginMedia E-mail Account Please.

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@athomas2 You will need to generate an app password to use with the mail app.  The change of device will have triggered the need even if you haven't changed the webmail password.

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Unable to generate an e-mail app password. Select to generate an e-mail app password and get told I need to verify my account and change login e-mail but unable to do so!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Do you mean you can't log into your broadband account? What message do you get? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@athomas2 wrote:

Unable to generate an e-mail app password. Select to generate an e-mail app password and get told I need to verify my account and change login e-mail but unable to do so!

You will need to follow the process to change the account username to a third party email address before you can generate the app password.  https://www.virginmedia.com/dpb/help/change-my-virgin-media-email-address

Once you have done this use the full VM email address and the app password as the username/password in the mail app.

For future access to VM webmail and the My VM account you will need to use the third party username and VM account password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks