cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign in and apparently email not recognised

Bluer
On our wavelength

Hello everyone,

Today I've been trying to log in to my virgin media account to check some settings (I normally use a desktop client called eM Client) but couldn't sign in due to an FSB50 error code. I deleted my cache but it didn't fix the problem and does not let me reach the point of putting in my password.

I then tried a different browser and it let me reach the stage of putting in my password, but then it tells me that either my email address or password are wrong. Then if I choose to reset my password, it tells me to use the email address I normally use to sign in, which I am. I'm inferring that it is not recognising my email address? it is an ntlworld address for context.

Any solutions or questions are welcome.

Daniel

7 REPLIES 7

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bluer wrote:

couldn't sign in due to an FSB50 error code

I would suggest you try deleting all Virgin Media related cookies from your browser. Then close the browser window and reload the VM sign in page again.

That often seems to solve the FSB50 error.

If it does not work you may need to wait until one of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) contacts you via this thread. They seem to be able to get that error resolved for forum posters via a Private Message (PM) conversation.😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Bluer

Sorry to hear of the account access issues experienced but we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

It's been a few days since your post, we're you able to follow the advice offered by coenoby and resolve the issue?

Let us know 👍

Bluer
On our wavelength

Thank you for the response! apologies for not responding sooner. The email about it actually went to my spam folder which is unfortunately what I've been trying to get into my account to solve for other things.

I deleted all of my cookies for virgin media and I still have the same problem unfortunately. I reload the browser and retry and even on the password reset screen it tells me to ensure I'm using the correct email address.

Bluer
On our wavelength

Thank you for the response, as mentioned above it hasn't managed to solve my problem.

I deleted all of my cookies for virgin media in both Firefox and Chrome and neither seem to be happy with my email address. I'm still set up properly on my local client, but just signing in directly seems to be an issue (and I'd prefer to not mess with my desktop email client in case I can't get back on again).

Thanks for getting back to us @Bluer just for clarification, are you able to sign via My Virgin Media?

Regards

Lee

Bluer
On our wavelength

Hi Lee,

No, I cannot. It informs me that my email or password are wrong, to which I then try to confirm whether it's my password or not by clicking on the link to reset my password, which then gives me the response

"Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media."

Bluer

Hi Bluer

We see, thanks for clarifying.

Have you previously generated an app password through your account? If so, you'll have been asked to link a non-virgin email address to your Virgin Media email address, meaning that you'll need to sign into My Virgin Media with the linked non-virgin email address.

If this hasn't been the case, let us know and we can look into this further.

Beth