cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send emails due to spam detection?

Capt_Sarcastic
Up to speed

All of a sudden, I can't send emails from my Blueyonder email account.  It's all text, but it is a bug report containing some error codes. When trying to connect to the smtp server I get the error:

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: SPAM Content Found (VM603) iM0gr4kGW1j9SiM0grhWDG. Please check the message and try again.

The PC has been scanned and is not suffering from any virus issues. I've done some test emails from the problem address to my other addresses, and they go through the server fine with very simple text contents.  Is the spam detection far too sensitive that I can't paste a software error code to a software support address?

Edit: I've now been able to send the message by simplifying it greatly, it seemed it was being triggered by a web address being included, which seems overly sensitive for normal use of email.

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Capt_Sarcastic 👋 welcome back to the community forum! Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear this issue you were experiencing with sending an email via your account. 
It would be helpful to know a few extra bits of information;

1) Was the email being sent en Masse? (To multiple or a large number of recipients)

2) Were you sending the mail via our Webmail service 👉https://virg.in/webmail or via a Clientmail service such as Outlook?

3) Was it a particularly long or complicated web address? 

If the mail was being sent to a large number of recipients or with a suspicious link it could be that the SPAM filters were just filtering it out as an act of precaution to protect other users. We do appreciate this may be frustrating! Our sincerest apologies. 

Glad to hear you managed to sort it in the end. Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

1.  No, a single email address was the destination.

2. Was being sent from a local email client (Thunderbird)

3. Not a long web address.Server name only, not a long URL or anything like that.

I kept chopping out possible issues (program output errors, server addresses, etc).  It was only when I started deleting any .com addresses it started working, and then it seemed to allow me to send something more substantial once I'd been able to send several different test emails to myself.

Thanks for the update @Capt_Sarcastic 

Glad it has started working again but if you have any further issues, let us know.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs