cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send emails as of today. Is Virgin using other servers now?

Elsiejohnson
Tuning in

So I can't send emails on any device as of yesterday. I can only send through the Virgin email webpage and can't use any app on phone or computer.  I can receive only. All SMTP settings are unchanged.

I call Virgin and get a guy with a terrible accident who says the only way to fix it is to change my user name and use another ie Google email address. WTH? I decline. 

Has Virgin stopped supporting emails? Are they piggy backing now off other company's servers and not fixing their own?

How do I fix this. See the error message below.  Many thanks. Much appreciated. 

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail: Outgoing server (SMTP) error. The server responded: csmtp3-prd-nl1-vmo.edge.unified.services csmtp3-prd-nl1-vmo.edge.unified.services Virgin Media has blocked your connecting IP 82.16.79.44 Too many bad emails have been sent. Visit https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport Section: Email Sending Errors to request delisting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JCmacc
Up to speed

I have exactly the same issue.

Is your e-mail a legacy ntlworld one by any chance?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

JCmacc
Up to speed

I have exactly the same issue.

Is your e-mail a legacy ntlworld one by any chance?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You do now have to use a non VM email address for your account login.

Details here: https://www.virginmedia.com/dpb/help/change-my-virgin-media-email-address

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Bolehill
Dialled in

I've switched from VM mail completely.  My advice is to use a Google or Microsoft account - they are free and reliable.  If you are running Windows, you will probably already have one.

Yes, it's a pain to switch, but you only need to do it once.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Elsiejohnson wrote:

How do I fix this. See the error message below.  Many thanks. Much appreciated. 

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail: Outgoing server (SMTP) error. The server responded: csmtp3-prd-nl1-vmo.edge.unified.services csmtp3-prd-nl1-vmo.edge.unified.services Virgin Media has blocked your connecting IP 82.16.79.44 Too many bad emails have been sent. Visit https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport Section: Email Sending Errors to request delisting.

Consider trying the following:

• go to https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/ :
  • select Email Sending Errors from drop down list
  • Other from drop down list
  • copy and paste the error message into  Log evidence field
  • enter your name into My name field
  • enter email address into Email address field
  • select Submit button

Hopefully de-listing will occur sooner rather than later but if not post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Used the net report form, the automated message back includes the following:

"This contact form is for the purposes of reporting Internet abuse committed by a Virgin Media IP Address or account and should not be used to seek technical support or customer services."

So despite the server error message blocking e-mail sending saying use that form to report an issue, the results of reporting the issue tell you it's not going to help you.

Judging by the forum, this is impacting a growing number of people and pushing them to spend £9.99 a month with Gadget Support to get resolution doesn't seem a proper thing to do. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

As @Bolehill said, the only real answer is to move completely to a different email provider.

VM email is just not reliable, and everything they try to fix it causes more problems for users. It's just not worth the trouble and the risk of losing data. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Update: despite the automated response indicating that no Tech Support would be done, a new e-mail has arrived and the IP block removed.

This worked as it got a Tech action which fixed the issue.

Michelle10001
Joining in

Thanks for posting the net report form. It has worked for me too. Despite speaking to 4 Virgin departments before them trying to get me to talk to Gadget Support (no thanks), this is the only thing that saved the day. Thanks a million!