cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access email using password error DEF01

Kirsten3
Joining in

I wanted to change my password for webmail and it asked me to provide a non-VM email and reset my password which I did and I now can get into my webmail with my password on all my devices.   I have tried several times to reset my password but with no success.  I also have had error DEF01 quoted to me by the system.  I see that several thousand people have had the same issue but like the Post Office are being told we're the only one.

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kirsten3 Having changed the username for the account to a third party email address you now need to use that email address as the username when signing into VM webmail.  The password will be the new one that you set.  Do you still get the DEF01 error when using that email/password combination?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham

Thanks for your response.  I have used the third party email address and the updated password, but it's not letting me in.  I just get 'Your email or password was incorrect. Please try again or go back to change your email.'

If I click on forgotten password and enter the third party email and click continue error message comes up 'Oops, we've ran into a problem. Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)'  

I can get into my email where device authentication is set up, but it's not set up for all my devices or if I need to use another device.

Many thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the update.  The VM Forum Team staff will need to take a look at this for you.  They will respond here in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thanks Graham.

Hi @Kirsten3 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with access your email on some devices. 
How are you accessing your emails when you get this error. Is this through the website or through the My Virgin Media app? 
Do you have an active Virgin Media broadband service with us? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley