cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access blueyonder emails

SuzySu21
Joining in

My blueyonder email account has suddenly stopped working!  On my phone it saying that correct credentials are needed, but nothing I do sorts it.  If I try on the laptop then it says my mailbox is not available.  I've looked at other suggestions and tried to change my password - but I'm still getting the same message.

I can still see emails that are already in my inbox on my phone which is helpful at the mo - but not sure how long this will last.  Are Virgin able to see if there is an issue or am I on my own?

17 REPLIES 17

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The most important question at this stage is do you have a current VM broadband account to which the blueyonder email address is attached?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SuzySu21
Joining in

Yes.  I've been with VM for as long as I can remember.  I changed my overall package a couple of months ago but the broadband was the only part of it which I didn't change.

Yes.  I've been with VM for as long as I can remember.  I changed my overall package a couple of months ago but the broadband was the only part of it which I didn't change.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for that. The VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you with this when they reach this thread tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SuzySu21 👋

Thanks for your post. We can certainly assist you here. There are times that with legacy emails, such as Blueyonder & NTLWorld that require security updates in order to protect that account, if the updates are not completed then a automatic process will temporarily lock them off to prompt yourself to either contact us to unlock or unlock via your account, we do apologise it can be frustrating when it occurs at the most inconvenient times. 

All we need to do is to bring you in for a private message to confirm a few details and get it unlocked for you. Thanks @Graham_A for assisting 👍. Look out for my message in your envelope at the top right, or if you are accessing on a mobile device it will be under your profile icon. 

Thanks.

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,

I am having the same problem although I can access my blueyonder email on my mobile but cannot log in via my laptop. Same credentials are inputted, can you help as its very frustrating.

Many thanks in advance

John

Hi @fitzy1 

We've replied to your other thread. Please don't post multiple times on the Forums in different threads regarding the same topic.

Best 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Could you help me too please - i have exactly the same issue - i can see my emails on the web but nothing is coming through to my phone 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lara1,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having a similar issue to the original poster!

Can you please confirm if you're currently an active Virgin Media customer? 

Have you tried to sign into your mailbox through your MyVirginMedia account to see if this can help you access your mailbox? What error messages are you seeing?

Please let us know how you're getting on and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs