cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Send Messages or Access VM Account

Garry-O
Tuning in

I recently went through the process of changing my password as I wanted to set up my emails on my phone.  I now have a four-word password but my email account refuses to sent messages.  I am still receiving messages without any problem.  Also, when I tried to log in to my VM account today, neither the orginal password, nor the new one, were recognised.  How do I overcome this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Make sure that you are using the correct username/password combinations as there are now two different sets per account.

My Virgin Media and VM webmail need the third party email address that you changed the username to as part of the password generating process together with the VM account password (not the four word app password)

Access via email clients needs the original account email address and the four word generated app password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Make sure that you are using the correct username/password combinations as there are now two different sets per account.

My Virgin Media and VM webmail need the third party email address that you changed the username to as part of the password generating process together with the VM account password (not the four word app password)

Access via email clients needs the original account email address and the four word generated app password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham.  New email and old password did the trick!

Garry