cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Blueyonder Email Accounts being hacked

Rudders60
On our wavelength

I don't regularly monitor my Blueyonder account as it is no longer used but kept for historical emails.
On Wednesday 10th April I received a threatening email saying my email/password has been compromised and stating my password and asking for money. Interestingly the password shown was the one provided to me back in October 2022 when I asked for my secondary emails to be reset.
The hackers have now attempted to create accounts using this old email address on Uber, LinkedIn, Instagram, Apple, Tinder, etc and are using this email to SPAM other users.

My primary Blueyonder email account and three secondary accounts had password resets at the same time and I suspect that all four accounts have been hacked using this data and I request that all four accounts are delated please.
I hope you have a record of when the account password reset requests were made as I would like to include this with the information information I am sending to GCHQ and the FBI.

12 REPLIES 12

Rudders60
On our wavelength

Thanks Zach, I've responded to your PM.

Thank you Yōjinbō, my Blueyonder email has been compromised on 6 occasions but all prior to the password resets carried out in October 2022. My password has not appeared in known data breaches.

Rudders60
On our wavelength

Zach,

As Virgin Media are only able to change email passwords for hackers and not lawful owners of the account, I have given up with you and reported our interaction with the National Fraud Reporting Centre (NFRC).

In the meantime, your Mail Delivery System postmaster@virginmedia.com is having a busy time processing hundreds of "Mail delivery failed: returned to sender" response to emails sent by my historic email address that I'm no longer accountable for.

Your failure to resolve this issue, despite answering all security questions to the best of my ability has conformed I made the right decision to leave Virgin Media and save me an absolute fortune with better performance with a Three 5G Router.

Please confirm that all of my personal details that you requested for security checks are securely deleted.

Thanks