cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you watching now?

Buffer6
Legend

I'm off to continue watching Marco Polo.... Now up to season 1 episode 4 on NetFlix  kos.gif

17,604 REPLIES 17,604

Comodo Firewall 10 vs WannaCry Ransomware

WannaCry in an Updated Win7 system

What is the WannaCry Virus and How to Stay Protected

How To Remove Wannacry Worm Ransomware (Massive World Outbreak Thanks to NSA))

A fully patched and up to date Windows 10 installation would not have been compromised, with or without the Comodo firewall.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

As above: A fully patched and up to date Windows 7 installation would not have been compromised.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

8 minutes of content over substance. Jeez, the guy loves to talk, nice accent though.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

The header "How To Remove Wannacry Worm Ransomware" is a contravention of the Trades Description Act. If you have been hit with this worm/virus you cannot remove it, period.

Your files will be encrypted. You will not be able to decrypt them (unless you pay- and there are no guarantees you will actually get your data back.)

If you have been affected you will have to reformat your HDD's, reinstall your OS from scratch, and restore your files from a backup. You do have a backup don't you?

And while the NSA "may" have provided the attack vector, they are not actually responsible for the attack themselves.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Hi Guys- I presented the videos listed above and was directed to your site by a friend. Please understand that the Microsoft patches will ONLY prevent the spread of the ransomware over a network. But if you are a HOME user these patches WILL NOT protect your system from getting infected and having all you private files encrypted. Both Windows 10 and Windows 7 are equally vulnerable.

Please note that this is not discussed on the News, mainly because those on the Public Media have absolutely NO CLUE as to what is going on. Also you will probably read/see stuff from various AV vendors like Symantec and BitDefender that they always protect again this ransomware. PLEASE do not be fooled. I've acquired (so far) 5 different variants of this same ransomware that are not detected by the traditional AV vendors.

Also- if you are hit with this ransomware do not expect any decryptors to be released anytime this century.

Meghan

This man just received 2 million dollars for his amazing discovery