cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing outside box and cabling

Declan16
Joining in

I have a virgin media junction box in my garden supplying several other houses and a cable running all along the wall. I would like to get it all removed as it is very unsightly. I am not a customer. The box and cables were there when I moved into the house.

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's unlikely that you will be able to get this removed, unless you offered to pay for it. 

Since it was there when you moved in, they may have been given permission by a previous owner and VM would claim that this permission is permanent.  That might be arguable in law, but they can afford better lawyers than you.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

There are some kit removal notice letters available to download here but the associated law is not familiar to me. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM often take the view that, unless there is a demonstrable health & safety issue, then intentional removal of equipment creates a barrier to re-install that expending money on is a false economy.

Do you have photographs that demonstrate a health & safety issue?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

gilbo2
On our wavelength

Who owns the land where the equipment is located?