cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive Price Increases!

ParkArab
On our wavelength

Anyone else shocked at the massive price increase!

My VM bill was £135 PCM for Sports/TVT/Movies all TV(ish) 500Mbps and phone with 3 Tivo boxes.  My renewal price £183.  Nope it's going!  Cannot justify that increase for no improvement in service.

5 REPLIES 5

CraigT1976
On our wavelength

If you were a new customer it would be less than half of that!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ParkArab wrote:

My VM bill was £135 PCM for Sports/TVT/Movies all TV(ish) 500Mbps and phone with 3 Tivo boxes.  My renewal price £183.  Nope it's going!

Not sure what TVT is, I presume "Sports" means Sky Sports without HD, and all TV (ish) means Maxit/Mega TV tier.

Assuming that your landline is at Talk Anywhere tier, you wouldn't be a million miles away from negotiating into Ultimate Volt/Mega Volt territory. Get your 3 x TiVo upgraded to 3 x V6 into the bargain.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

@ParkArab wrote:

My VM bill was £135 PCM for Sports/TVT/Movies all TV(ish) 500Mbps and phone with 3 Tivo boxes.  My renewal price £183.  Nope it's going!

Not sure what TVT is, I presume "Sports" means Sky Sports without HD, and all TV (ish) means Maxit/Mega

Probably TNT, a simple typo!

FlockWallpaper
Dialled in

@ParkArab wrote:

Anyone else shocked at the massive price increase!

My VM bill was £135 PCM for Sports/TVT/Movies all TV(ish) 500Mbps and phone with 3 Tivo boxes.  My renewal price £183.  Nope it's going!  Cannot justify that increase for no improvement in service.

Another way of looking at this is to assume that £183 is the ‘real’ price of what you have been getting, it’s just that VM have given you a special discount for 18 months which is now coming to an end. Not, of course that this helps you out in any way, shape or form. The important thing is to ask yourself, 'am I OK to pay VM £x for what they are offering’, irrelevant what you were paying or what others may be paying; are YOU OK to pay what they want?

And if no, then this is where the poker game starts. Firstly you prepare, what other providers are available to you? What can they offer, for how much? Do any of them sound reasonable?

And now armed with that information, you cancel with VM, give them your thirty days notice.

And what will happen is that, probably, you will get a call from VM offering you a much better deal rather than you leave - but until and unless you do actually leave, this won’t happen, don’t just threaten to leave, they will call your bluff.

If they call and make a better offer, it is entirely up to you if you accept it or not; but please do be prepared that they may not call you at all, they may not make a good offer - it depends on whether they believe you actually will leave.

Hence you must, absolutely must have a backup plan with another provider.

j1mgg1980
On our wavelength

I am seriously thinking about dropping TV altogether as it is getting out of hand to watch Scottish football. League is on sky sports, cups are on viaplay, and champions/Europa league is on TNT.

Even on your old price you seem to be paying over the odds.

I have 500mb broadband (doubled to 1Gb because of volt), TNT, sky sports and movies hd, sky sports uhd, kids/documentary, etc (it used to be called the oomph package) and telephone, and a second V6 box.

My monthly bill as about £48, but I have to also have a O2 number which is £25 for unlimited everything.