cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Virgin Media after over 20 years.

mojo_working
Joining in

Well after over 20 years with ntlworld then Virgin I'm finally leaving. After numerous hour long failed attempts to agree a new contract via telesales and chat lines we're nearing the end of the 30 day termination period. I've been emailed a contract by a telesales agent which on scrutiny contained no service details of the broadband/TV/telephone package on; nevertheless the agent said I should accept this because  told me all I needed to know over the phone! A 'please stay with us'  email contract offer was made some weeks later via a link which could not open the contract details  and which suggested I therefore contacted the chatline; said chat line staff said they could not activate the email offer. You could not make it up. As said by many others, customer focus and service is at the bottom of the Virgin Media list of priorities. I suspect VM must be loosing customers at a rate of knots. Will  VM still exist in a year's time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alby41
Up to speed

Hi ... if you agree a new deal over the phone ...you can only believe a written contract in black and white sent to you as an official document ... an email is nothing especially when no terms. prices , facts are even included ..  what a load of b _ _ _ o _ks ...you have been told I have to say .. you agree a price .. get sent contract and be happy ..amazed a CS agent told you this .. verging on a falsehood ..shame on VM if you have been told this .. just saying🤒

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

carl_pearce
Community elder

@mojo_working wrote:

Well after over 20 years with ntlworld then Virgin I'm finally leaving. After numerous hour long failed attempts to agree a new contract via telesales and chat lines we're nearing the end of the 30 day termination period. I've been emailed a contract by a telesales agent which on scrutiny contained no service details of the broadband/TV/telephone package on; nevertheless the agent said I should accept this because  told me all I needed to know over the phone! A 'please stay with us'  email contract offer was made some weeks later via a link which could not open the contract details  and which suggested I therefore contacted the chatline; said chat line staff said they could not activate the email offer. You could not make it up. As said by many others, customer focus and service is at the bottom of the Virgin Media list of priorities. I suspect VM must be loosing customers at a rate of knots. Will  VM still exist in a year's time?

Yes, it will take much longer than that to self distruct based on the current customer count.

Alby41
Up to speed

Hi ... if you agree a new deal over the phone ...you can only believe a written contract in black and white sent to you as an official document ... an email is nothing especially when no terms. prices , facts are even included ..  what a load of b _ _ _ o _ks ...you have been told I have to say .. you agree a price .. get sent contract and be happy ..amazed a CS agent told you this .. verging on a falsehood ..shame on VM if you have been told this .. just saying🤒

big-luap
Up to speed

best time to renegotiate is when reporting a fault.

@carl_pearce wrote:

@mojo_working wrote:

Yes, it will take much longer than that to self distruct based on the current customer count.

It downwards though. Many long standing customers going now due to unfair 18 month contracts with 2 price increases you don't know about the amounts upfront and no escape clauses without huge fees.

VM will probably just try to milk the remaining customer base to survive. I think we are starting to see this happen now.

ALTNETS in a year time and even BT FTTP will be much more aggressive in roll out. Some will die, some will be swallowed because of debt, but likes of Netomnia, Cityfibre and CommunityFibre and a couple of others should still be going and even bigger.

NexFibre and Wholesale access on converted HFC (to FTTP) network is their best bet to survive and they know that. Their wholesale pricing though (even lower than residential pricing direct today) will determine whether BT wholesale or NexFibre/VM wholesale will win the customers and the bigger ALTNET pricing strategy/product offering.

CraigT1976
On our wavelength

Virgin Media O2 posts £3.3 billion loss amid huge impairment caused by surge in debt costs

There you go everyone, you are paying for their debt costs. VM are a zombie company (google it if you don't know what one of those are) They will probably just borrow more money and buy out some competition, generally that's what these zombie companies do. I have a better idea, run your company well, treat your staff and customers well, live within your means, get rid of the fat cheque bosses that add no value and come up with the business plan to rinse current customers more to replace the revenue of lost loyal customers.

Then and only then you might have a respected profitable business!

Azzd
Tuning in

Yep I'll be doing the same and I've realised it's best to get everything in writing as over the phone I was.missold a package deal and even though I'm 3 days into. Y 14 day cancellation they are trying to say I must pay a disconnection fee of nearly a grand . Virgin have majorly gone down hill by using agent in other countries just reading from scripts