cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm leaving VM after 34 years!

pieman01
On our wavelength

Hello all,

The cancellation process wasn't too painful for me, I tried to use the 'chat bot' yesterday but after a 30min wait to speak to a real person I gave up.

This morning I phoned 0345 454 1111 and eventually spoke to a lovely lady called Kristina, I think I spoke to her 18 months ago when I went through this song and dance before.

Kristina could offer me another deal but this was more costly than I'm currently paying. Unfortunately as VM don't do price matching and CityFibre have given us fibre to the door I don't see the benefit of paying more and receiving less. I know our neighbours have switched and have been delighted with the speed and price.

I may yet come back to VM after 12 months, as 'new customers' always get the cracking deals on offer, but my 34 years means nothing!

Bye everyone.... at least for now.

S

31 REPLIES 31

@Dissatisfied991 wrote:

You were incredibly lucky to actually speak to someone. I’ve had more luck with the National Lottery. I’ve rang over 20 times now and nothing. The chatbot leads to a dead end and no response to my written request to cancel

Every time I Have rung using the telephone number (not the 150 number) its been answered. Its free from mobiles with unlimited minutes as well. Number is: 0345 454 1111

Call the landline full number, go though to the LEAVING VIRGIN option not customer service. When they start to babble deals that don't interest you, say you aren't interested in 18 month contracts that have 2 legal price increases with no free escape clauses and to cancel services. They admit defeat as they don't want to agree outside of 18 month contracts. It's a dead end for them totally.

@John2021 wrote:

Sad , if I could leave I will , just found out that open reach will be installing soon , so that will give me chance to move as soon as my contract is up , also after many years with Virgin ,ntl before and diamond cable before that, all taken over .

FTTC (if you have in your area) can be done on monthly contract with NOW TV if you think FTTP is this year for example. OK you have to pay for the kit upfront, but stops you being tied into an 18 month contract with Virgin. Hopefully the line speed will not be too slow and you can slum it for 3 months before VM class you as a total new customer again. You can then rejoin with all new customer offers and cashback if you really wanted to if Openreach FTTP status is far away. Or a 4g/5g dongle if speeds good enough in the back of a compatible router.