cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homeless - Not Getting Anywhere with Customer Service

tm1231
Tuning in

My family and I am going to be homeless at the end of the month (Apr 2024), I've been with Virgin Media for 15 years, never missed a payment or had any issues being a loyal customer. Today I've spent 2 hours on the telephone trying to explain these circumstances that are out of our control meaning we have no choice but to discontinue our contract. I've seen other people on the forums have been assisted by this where the early disconnection fee was waived due to the circumstances, I'm only hoping to be treated with the same fairness as everyone else, but those who I have spoken to on the phone are dismissing me and I've been hung up on several times.

How can I speak to a UK representative from Virgin Media who will better understand the problem?

(This is not spam, I posted in the wrong forum before by a mistake!)

5 REPLIES 5

tm1231
Tuning in

Hi, I've been a paying loyal customer with VM for 15 years, never missed a payment or had any other issues. I'm being evicted from my home through no fault of my own or my family's. I've been hung up on, given phone numbers that don't work, and everything else except a normal conversation trying to resolve the matter cancelling my services without an early disconnection fee. The last lady I spoke to from the movers department hung up on me after I said that due to our circumstances I don't think it's right that I need to pay an early disconnection fee since we are going to be homeless through no fault of our own. That I would if I had the choice, continue to pay for, use and enjoy VM services but literally cannot.

I am currently on my 7th phone call today and still I'm being thrown around different departments with no end in sight, I've spoken to around 15 different people and numerous departments who are passing me off to someone else. I can't believe in all the years I've been with this company the customer service I am currently receiving. There is a housing crisis in my Country right now. My family's lives are in shambles with all of the uncertainty and I really need help with this matter ASAP.

As soon as we can get housed I would most likely take up a new contract with VM in future, but right now the customer service has been so poor I'm having mega doubts.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @tm1231 

I hope you and your family can quickly solve your housing issues, sending positivity to you all.

Your original post in the Natter forum < here >  has already been escalated by one of the forum mods and should be picked up by a forum staff member either tomorrow or Sunday

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you so much.

Hey @tm1231 Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to hear about the situation you are in 😢 Wishing the best for you and your family.
I also apologise for the poor experience you've had with the team in trying to resolve this.

I will assist you on this and get this sorted out for you.
I will send a private message to further assist. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @tm1231 on the VM forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad we have been able to assist and get this query sorted for you.
All information can be found within our private chat.

If you have any other queries - reach out to us and we'll assist where we can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs