cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dug up pathway in front of our house

GazzibiUK
Joining in

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can make a complaint to Virgin Media for digging up the pathway in front of our house with no prior notification?

I’ve just got home to find 6 houses who cannot get on and off their driveways, myself being one of them.

Double plastic barriers which looks like a temporary pathway but they are blocking cars going on and coming off driveways.

Workers look like they’ve gone home for the day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Put your postcode in here. It will show if they have permission and for how long.

https://one.network/

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're able to post some photos to this thread, then it can be moved from the (not-staff-monitored) chatter & natter section to somewhere the staff team may pick up.

Otherwise, are there any contact details on any of the site notices?...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with your local council, I don’t know if they need a permit to do the work and if they did you should have been notified.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Put your postcode in here. It will show if they have permission and for how long.

https://one.network/

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yep, says permit granted but no notification from them or council. I assume nexfibre is Virgin Media.

IMG_7630.jpeg

This is after they came back, I guess from Lunch…

opened up a space for me to get my car in but then blocked it back off again so I can’t get out in the morning. Although I will just move the barriers myself. 

Mum1212
On our wavelength

O M G This happened to me in October. The VM team dug up the front of my house and my drive to lay a cable for next doors - by mistake - all on CCTV  - and no-one has taken liability. 

(1) I logged a complaint to the preinstall team. They did nothing since Oct 2023. In March 2024 I made a DSAR request and they did not 'find' the complaint. Liars. 

(2) I logged the damage as vandalism to the police and got a incident ref.

(3) The ombudsman can't help with 'property damage' so they will refer you to an org called 'libertyglobal' - useless team that does NOTHING unless you take legal action. 

(4) I wrote to my MP (email) and cc the LibertyGlobal team. My MP will find the accountable person. 

This has been a horrific waste of my life. You should just log it with small;l claims court. My household insurer said to do that. 

I just wanted to say - you are not alone!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mum1212 wrote:

they will refer you to an org called 'libertyglobal' - useless team that does NOTHING unless you take legal action. 

(4) I wrote to my MP (email) and cc the LibertyGlobal team

Liberty Global is VM's parent company - https://www.libertyglobal.com/operations/our-brands/ 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Buffer6
Legend

I apologize for the inconvenience you’re facing due to the unexpected digging up of the pathway in front of your house by Virgin Media. Here are the steps you can take to address this issue:

1. Contact Virgin Media:

• You can make a complaint directly to Virgin Media. You have a few options:
      • Web Chat: Visit the Virgin Media Help page and use the web chat feature. The team is available from Monday to Sunday, 8 am to 10 pm.
      • Phone: Call Virgin Media’s Customer Care team at 150 from your Virgin Media phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. If you’re using the Text Relay Service, call 18001 0800 052 2164. For mobile customers, call 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone or 0345 600 0789 from any other phone.
      • Web Form: Fill out the web form to submit your complaint. Virgin Media aims to reply and resolve issues within 7 days of receiving your complaint.
      • Post: Send your complaint by post to: Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. Although this method may take longer, Virgin Media will acknowledge your complaint within 48 hours and aim to resolve it within 28 days.
  2. Check Property Deeds:

• As a new property owner, check your property deeds. They may identify any past agreements (such as wayleave agreements) with Virgin Media or its predecessors. These agreements could shed light on the presence of the manhole in your front garden.
  3. Seek Legal Advice:

• If there is no existing wayleave agreement, Virgin Media digging up your lawn without permission could constitute trespass and criminal damage. Consider seeking advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau to explore options for revoking the wayleave or arranging a suitable fee from Virgin Media.

Remember that your complaint is taken seriously, and Virgin Media aims to find a resolution that satisfies you. I hope this helps, and I hope the situation gets resolved promptly! 🛠🏡