cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 25+ years I've submitted my cancellation

CraigT1976
On our wavelength

Submitted my cancellation today as I've gone to Yayzi (City Fibre) broadband only as we don't use the TV or phone i our house, it's all Youtube, Netflix, and Amazon. My package is 1.2gb down and 1gb up, and I get exactly that speed.

Even though I was offered a better package for £15 cheaper than I'm paying (offer of £75pm) I explained I didn't want any of those services, I did say if the price was right I would take just the lowest speed broadband that was available to act as a backup as I can't afford to be without internet due to my wife requiring it to work from home.

They then offered me M150 for £39.99 per month, the same package that's on offer to new customers for £24pm. I was furious to say the least, firstly I'm paying that for 1.2gb/1gb, secondly you expect me to pay 65% more than a new customer! VM you have seriously got your business plan wrong! How you shaft your loyal customers is nothing more than disgusting. To be told that is a new customer deal only and then continue to tell me that's how all your competitors work is not correct, there are plenty of competitors that value their customers. Goodbye and Good riddance....

16 REPLIES 16

mmmjaycee
On our wavelength

morning, tried to get a decent deal from Virgin this morning, I'm easily paying twice what I can get full fibre from from a few others. They offered to knock a bit off but it was still no where near what I now think I should pay.  Their service has been OK, been with them for many years now, and its just sad they can't now offer competitive deals for existing customers.  I'm still thinking about it but I just can't afford to be paying £20.00 more a month for just broadband and a phone. What ever happened to rewarding customer loyalty!

CraigT1976
On our wavelength

Unfortunately that doesn't exist in the VM world unless you submit your cancellation, then and only then will you get a better offer from retentions! 

Mum1212
On our wavelength

Craig, did you look at starling? It is 3months free (saw it in costco) and I wondered if anyone had tried it?

Mum1212
On our wavelength

My tips. (1) tell them you are leaving on social media - use #VirginMediaHelp. Tell them why you are leaving. So they can't escape. You will get a DM response and will be asked for your accoubntinfo. The point of this is to log it.

(2) They have claimed to have 'lost' communications. Comms that are not captured in a DSAR request. I suspect that is deliberate. And their employees are sabotaging the system

(3) Send a signed for recorded delivery letter to any of the exec offices - To CEO Lutz. He is hopeless. Has ruined the reputation of VM since joining them. 

These days you need evidence that you warned them you are leaving. 

phillyboy111
Tuning in

Loyalty comes with a cost for customers, Virgin have a monopoly in my area so if you want actual fast broadband you have to stay with them and they know it, it would take thousands of people to get together and all leave to make Virgin change the way they treat existing customers and it would need the government to start investigating the monopoly not only Virgin but probably other suppliers have too

archercj
Fibre optic

I'm mid contract so cant really up sticks without a lot to pay.

Have had to stay with Virgin over the years because IT is my job and I need a good speed and they were the only ones providing TRUE fibre and the associated speed. But now CityFibre is here I have an option and cant wait to cancel my contract withy Virgin.

But what I am finding is that my current package - 1GB, TV, full sports, Netflix UHD. cinema, multi room etc - works out cheaper with Virgin than if I went with a 1gb broadband supplier but had to source my TV, sports, Netflix etc separately.

Did price up Sky Stream without cinema and TNT sports (can live with that, I'm a Leeds fan and we aint going to be in the Champions league for the foreseeable lol) and with 900mbps and that did come in £15 cheaper than Virgin so that may be an option but has anyone any tips on an alternative full broadband/TV package now that CityFibre associates are flooding the market for broadband?

I also played devils advocate today and messaged Virgin via the online chat to ask what it would cost to terminate my contract mid term. Within a few minutes without answering my question they stated they had set the ball rolling for my contract to be cancelled. I had to 'plead' with them to not do that. Their customer services beggars belief.

User001
Tuning in

Loyalty doesn't exist at VM. I waited 7 months after my guaranteed install date for my wifi to finally be installed. I complained and requested compensation. I was awarded £30. A slap in the face would've felt much better. 

Went through the Ombudsman and now its £1,200 credited to my account. 

Even after putting up with their failures for 7 months they didnt respect me as a customer. Now I'm in the proccess of trying to withdraw my money. This has taken 6 weeks already. Awful customer service all round. 

Once I get it withdrawn I never want to see or hear of Virgin Media again