cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 monthly SIM moving to 30 day rolling airtime contract

scarletp
Superfast

Hello,

I recently was able to sort my latest VM contract thanks to advice from the Forum Team.

I was already a Volt customer so still get the double BB speed boost and currently I get double data for our o2 Sim only cards (bringing us both up to 10GB).  Neither of us use more than 2 GB.  We have unlimited texts and unlimited calls. 

Both Sims are in my name/account and the 2 yr contract is up 13 March this year. I have had a text regarding one of them, informing me " As part of our Auto - Save programme, we're moving you to a 30-day rolling airtime contract and your monthly plan will automatically change from £13.10 to £13.10.  Of course I accept that it will increase in April.

I had been considering leaving o2 once the contracts end and going to GiffGaff for 5GB plans at £8 but now that I have renewed my Virgin Media Broadband contract I do not wish to loose that Volt speed boost so it seems like I am stuck with o2.

I trust the advice given on these VM boards and would appreciate any thoughts as to whether I am ok going with the rolling contracts ahead of me or are there hidden concerns I should be aware of? 

Apologies if I am posting on the wrong board. 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @scarletp 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're thinking about leaving O2. As the Volt bundles are only eligible for customers of both Virgin Media and O2, your package/service would be impacted as you would be no longer eligible for these benefits. 

We recommend speaking directly with O2 to see if there are any deals more suitable for you so you can retain the Volt benefits at our side.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

You could try calling O2 and select the ' leaving option ' and see what they offer, when I did that the girl looked at my usage and offered me different deals with the option to keep the Volt benefits and get Disney+ free again. Nothing to lose give it a go.

Hello,

Yes, I had intended to ring them but thought I would have to do it nearer or after the time of the contract ending.  I cannot work out if there are any negatives in a rolling contract.  I need my facts straight before ringing.

I miss not having a local o2 branch as they used to sort me out and were so helpful.  

Thank you for your thoughts.

scarletp
Superfast

Hello,

I have been unable to find a definite answer myself and am going around in circles on o2.  

My o2 contract for 2 sims is ending next week and I really need to reduce costs.  I recently renewed my contract with Virgin Media for broadband/phone again, retaining my doubled Volt speed.

If I do decide to leave o2 do I lose the broadband speed boost I have or not? I would like to know for certain.

Has anyone experienced this situation?

Thank you

Hi @scarletp 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're thinking about leaving O2. As the Volt bundles are only eligible for customers of both Virgin Media and O2, your package/service would be impacted as you would be no longer eligible for these benefits. 

We recommend speaking directly with O2 to see if there are any deals more suitable for you so you can retain the Volt benefits at our side.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thank you for getting back to me Carley_S  and for clarifying things.

The info you give is what I always understood until I happened to read a couple of posts via google which shed doubt on it.  At least when I talk to o2 I will have my facts straight from VM end as I am not sure o2 could have answered that Volt side for me.