cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Booster Catch22

maximmm
Tuning in

I have recently joined VM with a 1 gig volt plan. I have no WiFi signal at all in part of my house, so can't use the Connect app to do a speed test. When I contact Virgin to request the WiFi booster I am entitled to, I get asked to provide a screenshot of the Connect app showing poor speed. I of course can't do that because I have no signal at all, so that ends the conversation. I did get 2 engineers turn up and they said my problem was obvious and they'd put notes on the system to support my request. However, on contacting Virgin yet again I was told to supply a screenshot of the app. I ended up sending one from elsewhere in the house which showed an excellent connection because that was the best I could do. That was a couple of weeks ago now and still no booster, I presume because someone looked at the screenshot and said I didn't need the booster. What am I supposed to do here?

2 REPLIES 2

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Get your own better router and stick the hub in modem mode. Just don't rely on Virgin Media. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey maximmm,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L