cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Internet Speed Boost Not Applied

Saleh-Jahromi
Joining in

Dear team,

We have activated Volt benefits over 14 days ago and on the virgin media app it does show that a speed boost has been applied (1GB) however, a speed boost has not in fact been applied as per multiple internet speed tests.

I believe it is because we have an old Hub and not the new one which is needed for 1GB internet speed.

Please could someone urgently assist in helping and arranging a new hub for us so that we can utilise our upgraded Volt benefit speed boost.

Kind regards.

4 REPLIES 4

carl_pearce
Community elder

What does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

Hello, thanks for reaching out, it says 500mb

Tell me, why did you ask that?

Surely the first question should be, ‘what model of hub do you current have’? And then if it’s a 4 or 5, then ask what the provisioned downstream rate is, no?

The reply to your question tells you what…?

@FlockWallpaper wrote:

Tell me, why did you ask that?

Surely the first question should be, ‘what model of hub do you current have’? And then if it’s a 4 or 5, then ask what the provisioned downstream rate is, no?

The reply to your question tells you what…?

It tells me that their subscription is provisioned to M500 without the need to explain how to access the HUB.

It also tells me at the same time that it's not a limitation of wireless devices, which the HUB stats wouldn't be able to tell me.

So essentially my request for information is more useful than yours.

Anything else?