cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLT Benefits not applicable to 1GB package (1Gb to 2Gb)

nrushforth
Tuning in

Hi

Could someone from the forum team please progress my issue.

I tried today to ask for my Volt benefit to be applied to my 1Gb Broadband package (i.e receive a speed boost to the next available speed, in my case 2Gb), but was told this is not possible without paying additional per month due to the contract I am on as a new customer, however if I had signed up to 500Mb I would have received the speed upgrade to 1Gb for free.

Surely this is in breach of the Volt benefits and how they have been advertised?

Can someone please look into this for me before I decide what my next steps are in relation to cancelling or asking for a downgrade to 500Mb so I can receive 1Gb for no extra ( I posed the question to the retentions team who I had been referred to, and they said I could not do that as I am in a contract for 1Gb at the moment)

Thanks in advance.

Has anyone successfully exercised their Volt benefit from 1Gb to 2Gb without paying any extra to their 1Gb contract price?

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

It would indeed be interesting to hear from the forum team on this but for now the website does say that the ceiling on Volt is 1 Gbs. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

carl_pearce
Community elder

Did you see this in print that you would get a free upgrade to 2Gbps?

Are you in a FTTP area, so have a HUB 5x?

I am in a FTTP area and have Hub 5x. 

It is not advertised that the speed upgrade is available from 1Gb to 2Gb as part of Volt benefits, but given that every other speed below 1Gb was eligible when 1Gb was the max, you would expect that 1Gb was now eligible to be upgraded, otherwise what would be the point of Volt benefits if you are on 1Gb service?

Hey nrushforth, thank you for reaching out and currently right now as per T&C's we only currently offer a free upgrade to 1GB max.

You can read our T&C's here.

"A broadband speed boost to the next available level of Virgin Media fibre broadband (up to a max of 1Gbps)"

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks for getting back to me. I have arrived at the same conclusion as well after been given the runaround over the past 3-4 days. It’s shocking how many customer advisors I have spoken to are not aware of the Gig2 service!!!

I find it surprising though that prior to Gig2 been available and Gig1 was the fastest speed, the Volt benefit was available to customers on 500Mb service. Do you know if this will change so that Gig2 will be available to Gig1 customers who want equal rights to exercise their Volt Benefit?