cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM refuses to order my booster

jananidhileepan
Joining in

After upgrading to a Volt contract with an O2 sim, I tried to order my first booster/pod as the Wifi is horrible in my house.

I first contacted them two months ago requesting the pod, and then have contacted them 5 times since chasing up. Each time they give me the run around (“there’s a problem with ordering it in your area, which is why the previous order got cancelled. Please give it 24 hours and contact us again”, “Rest assured it is now it sorted and you will never have to contact us again about this”), only for them to NEVER place the order for the pod. I contacted them again today to get the same answers, to absolutely no avail. I’ve spoken to managers who have promised to call me within a few days to get it sorted, only for nobody to ever contact me.

I am near tears at this point. I wait 2h each time to talk to them, and they just aren’t fulfilling my one request. I cannot connect to calls at my company, and it’s causing massive problems at work. What do I do? How can I talk to someone more senior? All I want is a pod.

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi jananidhileepan 

Have you tried to order the pod directly by using the Connect app as per the 

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max  page?

They are available for free on Volt contracts if you are not getting download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room.

There are instructions below on how to perform a Home Scan using the Connect app in the area where the signal is low(est) or as near to there as possible. 

The home scan feature will guide you from room to room to carry out WiFi speed tests. If it finds a potential signal-less spot, it’ll test your broadband speed to the WiFi Hub to make sure there isn’t a problem with your network.

If everything’s okay with the Hub, the app will take you through to order a WiFi Pod to help boost your WiFi connection.

How to perform the scan and order the wifi pods when using the Connect app.

• Tap Start the scan and then  
  • While connected to WiFi, Tap "I’m ready " and then wait a couple of minutes for the scan  to complete, and then tap Continue 
  • Tap Add a room, and at on the room you're in, then Start the Scan (do this in every room) 
  • When the scan is complete tap Optimise WiFi now if the options shows as that will try and improve the connection in the current room 
  • When it shows Optimisation complete, tap Rescan room,  tap Start Scan  and then you can click on Order a WiFi Booster if it shows as an option

If that doesn't work you can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali